Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Tasty as a mouthful of scorpions!

January 24, 2009

Okay, we’re told that this is the guy who currently holds the world record for having the most scorpions in his mouth.

Again, in case you missed it: Guy. Record. Scorpions. Mouth.

Five minutes ago, before I saw this picture, I would have guessed the world record for that would be ONE scorpion.

But as we now know, it turns out to be LOTS of them. Plus, the fact that he CURRENTLY holds the record tells me that there are dudes out there trying to take it away from him.

Anyway, the reason I’m posting his picture isn’t just for a cheap gross-out. Rather, I’m doing a public service. If you’re a dentist and you find this guy sitting in your chair, do NOT tell him to “open wide.”

The initiation is fun! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

Majed Elmalk, who currently holds the world record for holding the most scorpions in his mouth, poses for a photographer in Riyadh January 22, 2009. REUTERS/ Fahad Shadeed

Comments

I can hardly speak! Please how many more do I have to cram in my mouth before I set the record?

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Well, look, Bill, here’s a professional secret. If you start chewing up some of them, you can fit a lot more in.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Come on anybody can do scorpions try going for the slug record!

The most amusing thing to me is that nobody seems to care what the actual number. A quick Google search turns up just the fact that people are horrified he puts ANY scorpions in his mouth.

Posted by Joshua | Report as abusive

I couldn’t locate the exact number either, but it’s more than 20. A clip from Guinness Records TV on metacafe (link below) has an individual who is not Majed Elmalk setting the record at 20.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/879633/sco rpions_world_record/

Posted by Dan | Report as abusive

tastes like chicken…

Posted by bobbyc | Report as abusive

Are they adult, consenting scorpions?

I hold the world record for multiple buggers in my mouth at 12.

And what feelings of these insects in the mouth?

Posted by Rammstein | Report as abusive