Get our Baracktion action figure!

January 29, 2009

Here’s a glimpse at a Barack Obama “action figure” now on sale.

Wouldn’t you think there’d at least be a little plastic Nuclear Football, or maybe he’d be ducking some itty-bitty plastic shoes, like the George Bush action figure?

The other problem is, it only looks like the new President if he went on a three-day tequila bender and then stumbled to the White House gate shouting, “You kids get out of my yard!”

My point here, without being critical, is that for $59.99 this toy should look more like Obama, and less like Lurch from The Addams Family. I’m just saying…

Upgrade yourself. Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

A 12-inch action figure of U.S. President Barack Obama is displayed at the offices of toy maker DiD Corporation in Hong Kong January 26, 2009. Obama, the first political figure for the Hong Kong company, costs $59.99. REUTERS/Garrige Ho

Sasha, Malia, put those danged toys away. Joe, never speak in public again!

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

shouldn’t he have an alternate outfit – khakis and “Yes we can” T-shirt . . . and maybe a super square armored car???

Posted by T | Report as abusive

I love this action figure! I’ve already taken a bunch of the pictures of it and made a web comic out of them. I don’t know if it comes with the assortment of guns and samurai blades that are shown in the poses I’ve seen, but they definitely make that cat one bad mutha… (shut yo mouth!) but I’m talking about Obama (then we can dig it!).

Posted by Jason | Report as abusive

China? Does it contain lead?

Posted by bill | Report as abusive

Made in Hong Kong?!?!? I don’t think so…I’ll pass on this one.

Posted by Chris R. | Report as abusive

[...] don’t think I can take it anymore Oddly Enough

Posted by I don’t think I can take it anymore – INGunOwners | Report as abusive

Poltical IN-action figure is more like it. We’ll see where the lead is.

Posted by Trumbauersvillian | Report as abusive

Why’s he pointing? He should be doing the signature finger pinch he always makes while speaking. Makes him look professorial. Fitting, considering he’s a professor.

You’re right. This isn’t the no-drama-bama I’ve come to know and love. This is the angry activist a lot of Obama supporters like to think he is. If I’m going to get an Obama action figure (and believe me, I’m tempted; you can’t pretend to condescend to the kitchiness too long before giving in), I want to see some of that signature cool immortalized in his awkward plastic limbs.

Posted by Sassafras | Report as abusive

[...] Oddly Enough » Blog Archive » Get our Baracktion action figure … [...]

Posted by Bear Chested | Report as abusive

He should have some alternate outfits, alright. Like a Mau jacket and matching hat with a nice big red star on it.

Posted by Warner Todd Huston | Report as abusive

The head looks like they just repainted some Arnold Schwarzenegger figures…

Posted by Volker Hetzer | Report as abusive

SIEG HEIL!

Posted by Gary | Report as abusive

[...] Oddly Enough » Blog Archive » Get our Baracktion action figure! | Blogs | blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/2009/01/2 9/get-our-baracktion-action-figure – view page – cached Now, one problem is, there isn’t much action. You can see the accessories, like a microphone and watch and necktie. Not exactly GI Joe. — From the page [...]

Posted by Twitter Trackbacks for Oddly Enough » Blog Archive » Get our Baracktion action figure! | Blogs | [reuters.com] on Topsy.com | Report as abusive