Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Do you snake after every meal?

February 10, 2009

Blog Guy, I know you’re an expert on oral hygiene. I brush during every meal, floss all day at my desk and eat only carrots, but I still get cavities. What can I do?

How often to you snake?

I beg your pardon?

I’m asking how often you put a live snake in your mouth to get rid of germs that cause decay.

Well, usually never.

There’s your problem right there. As the woman in these photos knows, daily snake treatments are recommended by 84 percent of people who have thought about becoming dentists.

You just jam that dirty old squirmy thing in there?

Are you stupid? Of course not. You sanitize it first, with a special disinfectant.

I see. what’s it called?

You can use Serpentine Turpentine or Serpentine Listerine.

Okay, that’s it. I’m out of here for good!

Enjoy life! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

A combination photograph of a performer swallowing a live snake during a show at a temple fair celebrating Chinese New Year in Beijing January 28, 2009. REUTERS/David Gray

Comments

Clearly, she swallowed the snake to catch the bird that she’d swallowed to catch the spider, that she’d swallowed to catch the fly.

Lord knows why she swallowed the fly in the first place.

Posted by JD | Report as abusive

Well, this sure beats holding scorpions in your mouth as an alternative lifestyle kind of thing!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Is it just me or is she swallowing it head first?

Posted by G | Report as abusive

Of course she is, G. Would you want a damned snake butt in YOUR mouth?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I personally wouldn’t want to be the snake…imagine looking that black hole in the face and surviving!

Of course she is, G. Would you want a damned snake butt in YOUR mouth?

- Posted by Robert Basler

Well, I’ve never been bitten by a snake’s butt, even a nonpoisonous one.

Posted by G | Report as abusive

@G, how many times have you been bitten by a venomous snake? Just curious!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Never actually, but you weren’t supposed to ask that ;) .

(Although though I realized it sounded like that, really I just meant that even if the snake isn’t poisonous, I wouldn’t want it biting my tongue.)

Posted by G | Report as abusive

no no you guys dont see what is happening here, she ate her car keys by accident and the snake is just helpin her to get em! lmao

open question: for how much would you do this?

Snake after meal? no no no,toothbrush is much better than anything.

by: alpha

Hmm, putting a snake in your mouth to decease tooth decay. I’ll have to think about that before trying it.

Posted by Invisalign | Report as abusive