Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Kids, it’s PEE-licious!

February 12, 2009

Okay, so this organization in India plans to launch a new soft drink made from cow urine. I am not making this up.

Which of course means that right now there’s a marketing firm brainstorming ways to sell this stuff.

Shhhh, let’s listen in:

Okay, gang, I think we’re making some progress here. Judy, your idea to name it “Mellow Yellow” is a work of genius!

Earl, your ad campaign targeting “The Wizz Kid Generation” is brilliant!

Herb, I’m not positive your idea of selling it in actual urine sample bottles and bedpans is quite right, so let’s refine that.

Well done, team! Let’s go take a refreshing break. As Kristin’s slogan says so well, “There’s no time like tinkle-time!”

Feel the love! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

People look at a fibreglass sculpture of a cow in central Madrid, January 16, 2009. REUTERS/Susana Vera

A worker of Bharatiya Janata Party displays an antiseptic aftershave made of cow urine in a 2005 file photo. REUTERS/B Mathur

Comments

I do not want to meet a man whose scent is improved by spashing his face with cow pee! And that aftershave better come with a warning. I grew up on a farm, and I must say, I wouldn’t wear aftershave made from cow pee and then hang around a bull.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

How many Indians do you know named Herb, Kristin or Earl?

Posted by VG | Report as abusive

Hundreds.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

A couple of articles ago, the Blog Guy talked about people who eat a bull’s “things.” Perhaps those people should try this cow-pee softdrink. After all, “things” go better with Cowk.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

re: How many Indians do you know named Herb, Kristin or Earl?
Depends, if we’re talking about call center names, millions! lol

Posted by Cecil | Report as abusive

How come you have a picture of a cow sculpture in Madrid in an article about India. Geographical confusion or name confusion (i.e., did you think it was Madras)?

Regarding Dr. Doll’s response: Have you never used a perfume or cologne that had a musk base? They’re in the same ballpark.

Regarding VG’s response: Hey! I’ve talked to a lot of Indians with those names when trying to get help with Amazon, Adobe, etc.

Posted by Dale Chase | Report as abusive

Dale, I haven’t worn musk. But I would like to invite you to a party, and I would like you to wear musk. It’s at my mother’s farm, in the steel fence behind the barn. . . .

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Wow, that’s whiz what is!

Posted by Old Dude | Report as abusive

You know, this could be interesting from an environmental perspective… you know, re-cycle, re-use…

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Now, try our new DIET Mellow Yellow!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

this cow pee aftershave is almost as good as “Sex Panther”….its made with real bits of panther so you know its good

Posted by Miguel | Report as abusive