Why does that waitress have bodyguards?

March 6, 2009

Blog Guy, I was wondering what first lady Michelle Obama does to kill time during the day, while her girls are in school.

I suspect the Obamas were shocked to learn how much they owe on the White House mortgage. It looks like Michelle is working in a local restaurant to earn a few bucks.

You’re an idiot. How would the first lady even GET to a job, anyway?

The White House is just a couple of blocks from Metro Center, a huge subway stop in DC, so that’s no problem.

Has any other first lady ever held a job?

Lots of them. Mamie Eisenhower sold Avon products, and…

Hold on! If you will simply read your own caption, you’ll learn Ms. Obama is helping out at a homeless kitchen. Why couldn’t you have just said that in the first place?

Because Mamie sounds funny and I use it anytime I can.

Get more out of life! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

First lady Michelle Obama serves food at Miriam’s Kitchen in Washington, March 5, 2009. The kitchen provides meals, case management and housing support to nearly 250 homeless men and women in the city. REUTERS/Jim Young

This is just her saving up money for when the president sends everyone to the poor house attempting to pay for his pet projects… for the poor.

Posted by Ben | Report as abusive

A First-Lady with a Heart (or perhaps a publicity stunt if you look at things cynically.)

Posted by Cliff | Report as abusive

Here, here! Or was it ‘hear, hear?’

Let the little First Lady fulfill her dream of being a waitress, won’t you?

I mean, it’s not like she would be putting someone else out of a job, just so that she can feel fulfilled.

Right?

What is next, ‘First Ladies Gone Wild?’

I AM sorry. I wouldn’t buy the DVD for that, anyway.

And just think. It does bring the job of first ladying and waitressing one step closer, doesn’t it?

Let the waitresses dream, USA wide, on becoming a First Lady.

We CAN all dream, right?

Make sure though, that next time she does this, that she has a nanme tag, will you? And a stylish hair net!

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

Well, at least she’s wearing sleeves.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

Nice! At least now she doesn’t have to shave those ‘pits to keep that grill nasty free!

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

You people are jerks, including the author of this piece. She’s helping out at a soup kitchen, what the hell have any of you done to help out in this crap economy?

Posted by Cam | Report as abusive

Actually, Cam, I help out regularly at a homeless kitchen. Will I see you there this weekend?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I think that she should do that, but the question I have is very simple. How much was it spent so that she could do that job? In security and stuff like that? That would pay for a lot of food I think…

Cheers,
UmNome

Anedotas e muito humors é no site http://www.kerorir.blogspot.com , subscreve a newsletter e recebe anedotas gratuitas no teu email todas as semanas.

Não sabes o que oferecer no dia do Pai? No site http://www.prenda-de-natal.blogspot.com encontras muitas ideias… Tambem te ideias para prendas de natal ,dia da mãe, namorados etc..