Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Smiley will now tell us a joke!

March 24, 2009

Blog Guy, I get the idea that President Obama’s cabinet meetings are a lot of fun. They’re a pretty zany bunch, right?

Most of them are, except for Smiley Geithner.

Smiley? That’s his nickname?

Yes, but I believe it’s a sarcastic one, like calling some huge guy “Tiny.”

Geithner is always scowling and giving the President the stink-eye, as you can see in these three different photos from the same event. I’m surprised the Secret Service lets him sit next to Obama.

Yikes, you’re right! Has he always looked like that?

Nah, just since he had to pay his taxes.

Follow my blog on Twitter at rbasler

Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

President Obama receives a daily economic briefing beside U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington, DC, March 23, 2009.          REUTERS/Larry Downing

Comments

Am I the only 1 that thinks Geithner looks like the villan from “Billy Madison”?

Posted by Sarah | Report as abusive

How much do you want to bet that Geithner wears an Obama mask when he’s home alone…”I’M Barack Obama. I’M Barack Obama. ME ME ME!”

Posted by K | Report as abusive

“Hmmm I wonder what I’d look like with that hair?”

Posted by MS | Report as abusive

Timmy should take smiling lessons from “LA LA” PELOSI. She certainly had a good time at “BO’s State of the Union address. Veritas/NH

Posted by peter baleyko | Report as abusive

Give him a break! He’s trying to fix the financial crisis. If it were me I’d not only scowl but would have pulled my hair out by now.

Posted by Albanian | Report as abusive

If he pulled his hair out he’d look more like Larry Fine of the 3 Stooges than the guy on Billy Madison…

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

Actually, I think he looks like a cross between the guy on Billy Madison and Kirk Cameron.

Posted by Jill | Report as abusive

I was thinking he looked a little bit like Michael J. Fox but it could be my lousy monitor.

Posted by some guy who is also Tim | Report as abusive