Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Apocylapse Wow!

March 28, 2009

Blog Guy, I’m a young woman who believes global war is coming soon and it will leave the world enshrouded in pendulous clouds of noxious fumes and toxic gases.

This pernicious haze will have humans choking in pain and gasping for every breath. I guess you can see where I’m going with this.

Er….. Maybe not.

Well, how’s a cute chick supposed to look fine and turn heads when that happens?

Oh. Sorry I didn’t pick up on that right away. Check out this design from a fashion show just today.

This rhinestone-studded gas mask will be the envy of other gals, especially ones that can’t breathe!

As an added bonus, this dress offers ample places to show off the medals and battle ribbons you earn during the war.

The whole saucy outfit says, “I planned ahead, suck it up!”

Twick or Tweat? Follow this blog at rbasler

Live a little! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

A model displays a creation by designer Little Shilpa during the second day of Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai, March 28, 2009. REUTERS/ Punit Paranjpe

More stuff from Oddlly Enough

Comments

Auditions for “America’s Next Top War Vet” went horribly awry when some idiot in the waiting room yelled “that’s the BOMB!”

Posted by Mel | Report as abusive

i believe war is almost over, the time for global conflict is coming to an end. children will not longer be sent to war, intelligent men are beginning to reach important positions of power. the world is no longer ruled by kings and queens and their families. religions have lost influence, the general public is educated and supporting men who will change the world. the future is very bright for our children. support your children, education and future change. be happy, to part of a history that walked out of the dark ages.

Posted by thom holian | Report as abusive

Thom,

As you may know, you are sadly mistaking the world that are children will grow up in is one that will be devastated by world war III; I feel sorry for anyone whom thinks differently and brings another child into this dysfunctional world in which we live.

Posted by Stuart | Report as abusive

Religions have lot their influence but G_d is still on His throne and He still has the final say. I truely believe that He will rain down fire and destroy the Earth as we know it, much like He did on Sodom & Gamorrah.

Posted by Dana G. | Report as abusive

Ok. Who let the serious people in? Come on guys…you’re seriously being a bunch of Debbie Downers. This is a funny blog….or was until you showed up.

And for the record…I’m currently 9 months pregnant and don’t need your freaking sympathy. Dysfunctional world or not…I’m feeling rather blessed and excited to be bringing yet another child into “are” family.

In short…procreation = good….illiteracy = bad.

Now, back to the matter at hand…

Bob…she totally looks like an ant to me for some reason. Do you see it? A SOLDIER ANT!!! Woot! Look how clever I am.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

Woot woot, K…. Nine months pregnant, huh? Thank the Lord you’ve got another two months before you give birth, then, because I don’t know how the blog is gonna function without you.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

um…I may be wrong, but I believe that 9 months pregnant = about to give birth…well at least for humans anyways.

But yes, I agree, this photo is very silly, I mean sometimes I really wonder where these “fashion artists” come up with these ideas. I especially wonder how they’ll ever make money considering that no-one in their right mind would wear what they make on a daily basis!

Posted by Becca | Report as abusive

Anyone who think the age of war is over will be horribly disappointed. America is slipping from the position of world superpower, economies are collapsing and we are entering a period of turmoil in which nations and alliances of nations will attempt to assert themselves as the next superpower.

Nice spelling there einstein