News, but not the serious kind
I can poop right in the back seat?
Honda hasn’t said how much the dog features will cost, but they’ve got a cushioned dog bed, a built-in water bowl, a bone design inside and a paw logo.
I read this story to my own mutts, Shelby and Eddie, and they’re still laughing.
My pets say if you really want car-happy dogs, here’s what you need:
- Slits in the leather upholstery; easier to take hold and start chewing.
- Lose the roof, so they can feel the breeze and let their tongues flop freely.
- Squeakers embedded in every seat.
- An interior you can hose down, much like our own living room.
- A dashboard push-button cheese dispenser you can operate with a paw.
That’s what THEY call dog-friendly! And if the Obamas are smart, they’re already personalizing the presidential limo for their new dog Bo.
Above: Shelby and Eddie, designing a truly dog-friendly car.
Below: Heather Cammisa with the Humane Society and a dog named Sammy demonstrate dog- friendly features. REUTERS /Lucas Jackson