Cool! Ma’am, do you have a gun on you right now?

May 10, 2009

Hey Blog Guy, I recall that you set up fantasy photographs for your readers, bringing bizarre pairings of people together. I have the strangest request yet. I want Janet Napolitano, the Homeland Security Secretary, and Ashton Kutcher, the actor.

Here you go. The caption says he’s on the right, she’s on the left.

Thanks! It must be hard to get shots of movie stars. You know, following them in high-speed chases, bribing hotel clerks for info…

Yeah, or you can just wait for them to come to you, at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner which was last night.

But that must involve some challenges, no?

Of course. Before we print those shots we have to crop out all the other journalists having their photos taken with the stars, which isn’t easy.

Okay, I want actress Glenn Close and that billionaire ukulele dude Warren Buffett.

Done.

Uh, I want actor Kevin Bacon and the late sex goddess Jayne Mansfield.

I can’t do that, but here’s Bacon and Mansfield’s daughter, actress Mariska Hargitay. Sorry about the degree of separation.

Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

Above: Actor Ashton Kutcher (R) talks to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano (L) at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in Washington, DC, May 9, 2009. REUTERS/ Jonathan Ernst

Left top: Actress Glenn Close (L) talks with billionaire investor Warren Buffet (R) at the dinner. REUTERS/Jim Bourg

Left bottom: Actors Mariska Hargitay (L) and Kevin Bacon attend the dinner. REUTERS/ Jonathan Ernst

Wow, you find pictures of people and make up a stupid story with it. How the hell do you have a job?

Posted by Roger | Report as abusive

Mr Bob,

All right! On TV, Hargitay doesn’t seem to have that pointy witch chin. Does she use a spell to hide that?

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

I know you can not have more Jayne Mansfield. But the daughter Mariska is not anything to duty. Put a photo in front of the beautiful Mariska and there you can see that she is prettier than the mother.

It’s just amazing, isn’t it, Roger?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

As it spoke of Jayne Mansfield and her daughter Mariska Hargitay (who is not really the chin, must be bad angle of the photo) I felt I was curious and pry the two photos. Jayne has an astonishing beauty, it is terribly sexy and glamurosa and loved taking roupa.Mariska is a type totally diferente.Não loves to expose, is star to appear like, do the sexy pose, but I forgive fans of Jayne, Mariska is naturally more bela.Assumiu your morenice has curves like a mother but does not like to show them (a shame!) is incredibly talented and only officially married a vez.O they have in common Mariska is also like the luxury as the mother, but it is chic and sofisticada.E while the mother spent her time marrying and having children Mariska is dedicated more to philanthropy.

Say what?

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

@Bernardo

I don’t know what you’ve been smoking, but I bet it’s illegal.

Posted by Karl | Report as abusive

Maybe we should let Bernardo take over the blog for a while, he seems pretty qualified.

Posted by Mary K | Report as abusive

Wait a minute, Mary! Since when do you have to be QUALIFIED to do a blog?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

You mean I DIDN’T have to get qualified at Journalism school to run a blog?