Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The Wide World of Lingerie?

May 15, 2009

I’m doing a survey on media photo coverage of sports. May I ask a few questions?

Sure, if I can go ahead and watch my “Hogan’s Heroes” reruns while we talk.

Okay. How many shots did you move of the Hurricanes-Bruins game yesterday?

Let’s see. Looks like 30, 31… 32 shots!

Good. And the Rockets-Lakers game?

I find 20 from that one.

Okay, now football. What about the tryouts for the Lingerie Football League’s expansion team yesterday?

I count 17 shots.

Aha! So 32 shots for a hockey game but only 17 for lingerie football. How do you think that’s going to look in my survey?

Pretty bad, I guess. Can you PLEASE give us another chance to make it up? Look, here’s a slideshow of all 17 lingerie photos!

Well okay, but you’ll need to send me the high-resolution versions.

Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

Give yourself a Tweat. Follow this blog at rbasler

Women participate in first day of tryouts for the Lingerie Football League’s expansion team the New York Majesty, in Freeport, New York, May 14, 2009. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Comments

Lingerie Football? My prayers have been answered. Now all they need is a “Mud Bowl” championship

Posted by detroit johnnie | Report as abusive

The NLFL (National Lingerie Football League) will certainly give the NFL a run for it’s money, but what will the half-time shows be?

How in God’s good name can you call that lingerie?
Not a thong or push up bra in sight.

Posted by Steve | Report as abusive

Maybe the halftime show would be somebody redressing the star of the halftime show, giving disgruntled viewers pause to hit the head and grab a beer before the topless ad from a bank that desperate for new accounts?

Posted by Brian Foulkrod | Report as abusive

Well at least there were footballs at the tryouts in NY. The ones in Tampa had a 15-second interview; nothing to do with skillz. Would you go out and play tackle in your skivvies? I think not. Especially for what they’re getting paid.

Posted by gravy | Report as abusive

I don’t think I like your attitude, Gravy. Are you only in lingerie football for the money?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

lingerie football?

Really, they are looking very attractive in lingerie.

The Lingerie Football League will debut Fall 2009 with 10 teams across the nation.

The girls are more pretty in lingerie but not football game though!

Yeeesh… pretty skanky looking women.

Also a very stupid idea for a sports franchise. It’s not like it’s that hard to see all the cute girls you want on the internet. And unlike a Hooters, you can’t really get close enough to enjoy their charms very adequately. These guys will be bankrupt by the end of the year… along with the rest of the US.

Posted by Lingeries | Report as abusive