Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Triple-button shot makes photo history!

June 7, 2009

It’s me, Blog Guy, that aspiring photojournalist. I think it’s time I try some tougher shots. You know, the ones that only the pros can do. Like say you have some world leaders together and you want to show action?

Sure. The great shooters will do this by showing them buttoning their jackets. If you can get two of them to do it simultaneously, that’s solid gold.

Awesome! Is there lanything better than a double?

Well, there is… oh, never mind, it won’t happen again in your lifetime.

No! Tell me what it is! I can handle it!

Look, in theory there’s the trifecta – three jacket buttonings at once -  but that’s a shot we only dreamed of, until it really happened yesterday. We’ll be talking about it for years and years to come, so save a copy for your grandchildren.

You have something better to do? Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Above: President George W. Bush and Indonesian President President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono button jackets in 2007 file photo. REUTERS/ Jason Reed

Below: Britain’s Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper and France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy at a D-Day commemoration at the U.S. military cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer, France, June 6, 2009. REUTERS/ Chris Helgren

Comments

I don’t get it? What’s remarkable about this? Doesn’t everyone get dressed after they’re done screwing around?

Mr Bob,I believe this was caught on film after a delicious Thanksgiving Day Turkey Eating Photo Op.These guys are unbuttoning their jackets!Do I have to vett all of your pictures from now on?

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

I bet Obama can button HIS jacket with one hand!

Posted by Donna | Report as abusive

@Bandage, what’s remarkable is the act the the did the whole thing in public!! Nevertheless, the fact that they all have sour faces is a bad sign, I believe! It probably wasn’t as good for them as it was for… oh, well, never mind!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

They look positively cute (:O did I just say that?)!

Posted by Fiona | Report as abusive

Nothing really remarkable I guess, other than the fact that all 3 are doing it at the same time. I wonder if the matching ties were intentional too?

it’s obvious that Canada has class… look at the pinky action!

Posted by minnow | Report as abusive

Robert,You seriously need a life and, maybe, a girlfriend? And I thought panty collectors were weird.

Posted by F. S. III | Report as abusive

kinda creepy. bet they’ve bn coached to do stuff as ordinary n simple as buttoning a jacket!!!!!!

Posted by amola | Report as abusive

In the top photo- Bush said that he doesn’t know how to do the “button thingies” and the Indonesian President is showing him how.

Posted by some guy who might be a democrat | Report as abusive