Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Indiana Obama and the Bail-Out of Gold!

June 10, 2009

Mr. Spielberg, I know we didn’t plan to make any more Indiana Jones movies, but this opportunity is just too good to pass up.

Forget about Harrison Ford. We’re recasting the part with – are you ready? – President Barack Obama!

We’ve already done some screen tests, and he looks PERFECT in the hat! And as you’ll see, he was BORN to say the classic Indy line, “I don’t know, I’m making this up as I go”

But here’s the neatest part, Mr. Spielberg, Obama has actually submitted his own script!

It’s not bad. It has Nazis and Commies and aliens, and then in the big climax he gets them all into a room and calls for “new beginning.”

Just picture it, Mr. Spielberg, he cracks his whip and says, “This cycle of suspicion and discord must end.” And then the credits roll…

Oh. Well, okay, I guess he wouldn’t mind if we reworked it just a bit, Mr. Spielberg.

Be better than other people. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

President Barack Obama tours the Egyptian Great Pyramids of Giza, and the Sphinx in handout photos taken June 4, 2009 outside of Cairo and later released by the White House. REUTERS/Pete Souza/The White House/Handout

Comments

Is this was Reuteurs is reduced to now? Painfully unfunny and shallow “blog posts”.

I knew that the limit on size of articles would come at a cost, I just didn’t realize it would at the expense of intelligence.

Just pathetic and completely unworthy of the names invoked.

Posted by Proman | Report as abusive

That would be cool. Hey! He could use the whip to get the PAYGO program moving!

Does everybody get locked up in one of the tombs underneath a pyramid in Egypt? If so, may I suggest the plot also includes Detroit top executives, Wall Street investment bankers and some other examples of modern-day horrific characters?

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Are there snakes? I hear he hates snakes!

Posted by skaaman | Report as abusive

A friend of mine was once president of a union of 8 million people and he never let anyone take a picture of him in a funny hat. Rules to live by.

Posted by Donna | Report as abusive

Proman must be having a very bad day. Why so grumpy? Some of us like to picture Indiana Obama.

Posted by slc | Report as abusive

I love it, very original.

Proman obviously is Probama and we all know you can’t even begin to tease or question “The One”.

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

This gave me the laugh I needed. And Tim’s right, Proman is definetely Probama.

Amazing how socialism spread so quickly.

Posted by Jess | Report as abusive

I actually like this one more than I’ve liked the last few. The hat picture was just asking for it.

Posted by Joanna | Report as abusive

what’s wrong with being Probama? minus Proman at least. he’s just grumpy he couldn’t think of anything better to write about these pictures, right Mr. Basler?? I think your next article should point Proman in the right direction of career choices… you know… something like elephant enemas.

Posted by minnow | Report as abusive

Promahn… My sweeitie cutie little cry baby… Oah… Come on, stop crying now… Daddy home again…

What the …!

Posted by Nick | Report as abusive

That’s some real original stuff there, Tim. I’ve always enjoyed how utterly cutting edge conservative comedy can be. Nice stab at the non sequitur, Jess, you just might get it if you replace the ugly bitterness with humor!

And lighten up, Proman; there’s not much else you can do with a picture of Obama in Grampa Jones’ hat.

Posted by Derp | Report as abusive

And you know what, I think Obama would get a kick out of it himself.

I hear some politicians have a sense of humour.

Kind of like how some bloggers have lives.