Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Let’s take a load off until a taxi comes by…

June 12, 2009

Ooookay, guys, I’ll admit it was a dumb idea to just drop by the ambassador’s residence here in Paris without calling first, but who knew he’d be out on a weeknight?

Y’know, he told me to come by if I was ever in France, but I guess folks always say that.

I even got him a bottle of duty-free Sambuca at the airport, too. Let’s give him five more minutes – I bet he just went up to the corner for some gum.

These concrete steps are really uncomfortable. Herb, go jiggle that doorknob and see if he left it unlocked. Maybe we can find some leftovers in the kitchen.

I’ll tell you one thing, this is the LAST time I go overseas without planning some stuff in advance!

You guys wanna go see some more damned paintings? Yeah, me neither…

Reach for the stars. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

President Barack Obama talks to aides as he sits on the steps of the U.S. Ambassador’s residence in Paris in this handout photo taken June 7, 2009 and later released by the White House. REUTERS/Pete Souza

Comments

Looks like a manifestation of his overall cavalier attitude towards, well, towards everything.

Posted by Ricardo | Report as abusive

“My apologies Mr. President. I’m afraid I left your reflector in my other pants.”

what’s with the dude with the untucked shirt and running shoes? and just to point out, the picture was taken on a Sunday, the ambassador could have easily been at church… or a local discotheque, same difference to the frenchies.

Posted by minnow | Report as abusive

Dude!I could sure go for a cold beer! Man, I’m tired of all these French wines. Anybody know if this guy has a Wii? Wait – isn’t that the French word for YES?!!

Nice one, Dee, and welcome back.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Very funny!

Why thank you, Mad!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

It that a built up heel that I see on the shoe?

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

Yes, I believe so. President Obama is really only 5’4″ – barely the size of Phil Spector – but it isn’t written about much.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

President Obama looks comfortable being in charge, very American, looks modern, sexy, casually elegant – in a very “George Clooney-esque” manner. If you’re jealous of this great guy, eat your hearts out!

Posted by Pattilou Manning | Report as abusive

President Obama is a) not cavalier about everything and b) 6 foot tall, not 5’4″.

Posted by lindsay | Report as abusive