Me Tarzan, you embarrassed!

June 20, 2009

Blog Guy, it’s a rainy Saturday where I am. Hit me with something stupid. And I mean this had better be Grade A stupid!

Okay, how about this video from a Paris exhibit all about Tarzan.

I’m a bit wary of that. How do I know I won’t learn something?

Trust me. Nobody will ever learn anything from my blog. If you want to learn something, read the story. This video just shows how you can try out your own Tarzan yell.

Tarzan yell?

”Or-ah-uh-ah-aaah-ah-uh-ah-uh-aah!!”

Hey, thanks, Blog Guy, that’s plenty stupid enough for me on a rainy Saturday!

Check out the video report

Stop complaining and join the Oddly Enough blog network

Above: Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan

Left: A visitor looks at pictures during the exhibition “Tarzan!” at the Quai Branly Museum in Paris June 16, 2009.  REUTERS/Philippe Wojazer

Mr Bob!

Tarzans have feelings too!

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

Do French tarzans say ”Or-ah-uh-ah-aaah-ah-uh-ah-uh-aah!!”

I sort of expected them to dit “hoh-he-hoh-he-hoh-merde!”

Posted by cookknitwine | Report as abusive

Well, congratulations! Carol Burnett would be proud!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/v p/23163027#23593637

My father knew Mr.Weismuller when they both were teenagers.
What you refer to as a yell is actually yodeling. It was a popular style of singing in the German-American immigrant community Mr.Weismuller grew up in. Before he became an Olympic swimming hero and later movie star, Mr Weismuller sang with an ametuer polka band.For the Tarzan movies all he did was combine his extraordinary lung capacity with a two tone yodel.
On a sadder note, when he was old and senile he would occasionally stand on the balcony of his condo and do the tarzan yodel at the top of his voice at all hours of the night!

Posted by schosh | Report as abusive

Jane! Jane! Stop this crazy thing. Jane. JANE!

Wow. A script from the future! But where’s the Weissmuller character?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

In the photo below, what is the man trying to do? Listen where that Or-ah-uh balderdash is coming from?

Posted by Nick | Report as abusive

Yes, I’m afraid I must agree. This guy seems to have a little more than a mere passing interest in Tarzan’s midriff area..

Blog Guy,
Is there perhaps more to this story that you’re not telling us? It makes me go hmmmmm…..

Posted by MikeVa | Report as abusive