Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Really something to smile about!

July 7, 2009

Quick quiz: The people in these photos are smiling because they got tickets to…

a) A $40 million lottery

b) A dinner with President Barack Obama

c) A private audience with the pope

d) A memorial service

Yeah, surprisingly, it’s the memorial service thing.

I guess this finally explains that old expression, “as happy as a guy going to a memorial service.”

Fight tooth decay. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Fans cheer after picking up tickets for Michael Jackson’s memorial at Dodgers stadium in Los Angeles July 6, 2009. REUTERS photos by Mario Anzuoni

Comments

What a bunch of sick puppies … mourning a pervert is pretty dog gone low

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

Who really cares? I am sadder to hear Fawcet has been over shadowed by this pinochio wanna be.I like MJ’s music pre Pepsi incident, but do I really care that he is going to be paraded around town? It has dominated the news networks and I am sick of it.

Posted by Red | Report as abusive

Mourning? These people are mourning??? Could have fooled me.

Posted by Dave Douglas | Report as abusive

I would like a ticket for Ed McMahon’s memorial service.

Posted by some guy (named Tim) | Report as abusive

I am sure that there are piles of psychology books written about rejoicing from somebody’s death, or at least from somebody’s funeral… in any case, as wacko as the dead subject, if you ask me!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

It’s funny that I haven’t seen how much he’s on the news. Becuase I DONT WATCH the stupid news. Get a life. Read turn off your tv and do something

Posted by Yen Le | Report as abusive

Finally, the wacko pervert is in the ground *somewhere* in his $28k gold plated box.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

I would prefer a ticket for the Richard Simmons/Paul Shaffer memorial service. At the very least, for the retirement party.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

What is the “Donnie, Jay, Merle, Wayne and/or Allen” defense?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive