Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Two thousand folks to avoid?

July 13, 2009

A few months ago I launched a Facebook Network Page for readers of this blog. It was largely a public service, so readers could recognize and avoid one another in social situations.

Anyway, fast-forward to yesterday, when some innocent reader became the 2,000th person who was willing to admit to following this blog.

This is pretty exciting stuff, considering that when I started the page I had trouble getting ten people to confirm they knew me and that this was really my blog.

It is loyal readers like you who have earned Oddly Enough more pageviews this year than any other Reuters blog, and we have like three dozen really good ones.

To celebrate this milestone, please share this blog with friends, or if you’d rather, with people you don’t like very much. My numbers go up either way.

Or, you may want to share it via Digg, Mixx, Twitter, or link to it from your own blog, or print it out and stuff it in mailboxes.

If you haven’t visited the Facebook page it’s worth a look. You don’t get much out of it, but then it IS free, isn’t it? You can comment on this blog, you can rate it, and as I already mentioned, you can spot 2,000 people you’ll want to avoid.

Besides, where else are you going to find a photo of a chick who looks like Kramer and has goldfish in her bra, huh?

Show that you care. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A model presents a creation by Colombian designer Diego Morales during the Expomoda 2009 show in Palmira province June 4, 2009. REUTERS/Jaime Saldarriaga

Comments

Attaboy!
I’m sure the “serious” bloggers are real proud that you are #1.
How will you spend your gigantic bonus?

Thanks. Well, first there will be a new Lexus…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I think the goldfish bra would be quite convenient for a number of reasons. (1) Extra water in case you find yourself parched; (2) Extra food (goldfish) in case you find yourself famished; (3) The water, I’m sure, has a certain coolness to it, so as to keep the breasts from sweating; (4) You can know for sure whether a man first looks at your face or your breasts by his greeting, “Hey nice goldfish!” would not be appropriate.

Posted by This | Report as abusive

With all the dreary news, thank god someone is fortifying the nation’s sense of humor. And where does one find Kramer’s stunning outfit?

Posted by slc | Report as abusive

At any pet supply store, SLC….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I’ll definitely share your link with all my friends…and then avoid them for the rest of my life, per your advice! :)

Nice outfit! I had no idea that Dali had a love child with Alexander McQueen.

I’ve already linked your blog from mine, which is why only three people actually read my entries. They’re either genuinely interested in thoughts, or they’re heavily medicated.

Posted by Krista | Report as abusive

I do it for the money. Which, buy the way, you are behind again this month.

Since you sent this announcement, the Oddly Enough e-mails from reuters.com have landed in my junk mail folder. What’s up with that?

Posted by Mitch K | Report as abusive

Congratulations! You deserve your success!

Does she have crabs, too?

(I’m so proud to be a part of your success, Bob. Congratulations.)

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Congratulations, and thanks for being an awesome user of NetworkedBlogs.

Many thanks to all of you for your visits, comments, humor and support. I’m hoping this is only the beginning. I also hope all of you can make it to our awesome celebration, to be held on an undisclosed tropical island tomorrow in the South Pacific. Don’t be offended – if I knew where it was myself, I’d tell you.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I would join the facebook group, but then my employer would know that I lose productivity on FB and Reuters.

Which another Reuters blog was already kind enough to point out. >:(