Who was that guy laughing during the memorial?

July 14, 2009

Blog Guy, I’ve been watching the whole Michael Jackson saga unfold since he died two weeks ago. What can you tell us about his father, Joe Jackson?

Well, there aren’t words to describe a parent’s loss of a son or daughter. Just look at Joe here, a few days before Michael’s death, so happy and full of joy, without a care in the…

Sorry to interrupt you, Blog Guy, but if you read the captions it looks like these photos of Joe were actually taken AFTER Michael’s death.

Um, oh. That’s different then, Isn’t it?

Yes, and in fact, these photos here were taken at a memorial service for Michael.

Then I guess there ARE words to describe a parent’s loss of a son or daughter, but I’d rather not use them here.

What have you got to lose? Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Above: Michael Jackson’s father Joe Jackson (L) receives a plaque during a memorial service in the singer’s home town of Gary, Indiana, July 10, 2009.

Right: Joe Jackson laughs with Gary Mayor Rudy Clay during the memorial service.

REUTERS photos by John Gress

[...] the rest here: Who was that guy laughing during the memorial? Tags: barack-obama, celebrities, entertainment, michael-jackson, newsPosted in Micheal Jackson [...]

He cares most to shoq his teeth. Shame on him!

Posted by Naja tr | Report as abusive

Just a way to get himself in the spotlight….and he’s enjoying every second of it. He’s also plotting how to turn this into a way to make a dime.

Posted by Joe J | Report as abusive

something tells me he’s going to make a little bit more than a dime out of this… more like a couple billion dimes, like many of the other family members and entourage!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

This guy…what a pathetic slimebag!! The sooner his latest “15 minutes of fame” are over, the better!!

Posted by Jen | Report as abusive

It’s not just joe, the very first day MJ died, her brother jermain, “the king of pop and legendary” blah blah blah… I’m sorry, but from my point of view, they all appear to be looking at the long term money value of MJ after death fortune. I know they had to have loved him, but I think the money has come to the front line since he died.

shame really!

Posted by Dday | Report as abusive

Are people supposed to stop laughing because Jackson died? It’s possible they were telling a funny story about him, or having a nice remembrance… his father is a jerk, so who knows..

Posted by rowdygirl | Report as abusive

I agree w/rowdygirl…we don’t know what they were talking about in this photo..that it could have been a story about Michael. Its easy to jump to conclusions and yes I tend to sway towards the side of the fence that MJ’s father is a slimebag and out for $$ on his son’s death BUT we just don’t know what is being said here.
I know I’ve shared some laughs w/my family during my fathers funeral…all laughing and remembering.

Posted by dllama | Report as abusive

Not only is Joe Jackson a slimebag but he also has three hands!

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive

The better to make a grab for the money with.

Posted by Eedwin | Report as abusive

[...] 5. Who was that guy laughing during the memorial? [...]

[...] 5. Who was that guy laughing during the memorial? [...]

I wonder if Mayor Clay had just told a Michael Jackson joke?

Posted by Aaron | Report as abusive