Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Lower your blood pressure in 10 seconds…

July 30, 2009

Blog Guy, I remember when you used to run photos of really cute animals now and then, to lower people’s blood pressure. You haven’t done that recently.

Nah, my blood pressure is fine now.

But what about us? Your readers? Couldn’t you just find one extraordinarily wonderful shot that brightened your whole month, and use that really big?

Okay, okay, I’ll see if I can find something.

Great! And remember what you used to say along with these photos?

Yes. If you can’t think of anyone to send this to, then you need to find new friends.

Polar bears play in the water in its enclosure on a sunny day at Schoenbrunn zoo in Vienna July 29, 2009. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger

Comments

Really cute animals?

Think of the poor, oppressed eskimos!

They think that there is nothing better than a mouthful of some really great polar bear fat!

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

Your blood pressure would probably lower dramatically after one of those “really cute animals” removed your jugular too.

Posted by Logrus | Report as abusive

Really cute photo. Definitely lowered my BP. Reminds me of me who needs to take a bath after a hard day’s work.

Posted by francis | Report as abusive

In Japan you can rent a puss cat by the hour. Stroking a pet helps lower blood pressure – purrrrfect.

How come you don’t have any black polar bears in this picture?

All polar bears are black. You just can’t see it through their fur.

Posted by Suzanne Whitaker | Report as abusive

@Suzanne

Hahahaha! Testify Sister!

A much simpler way to lower your blood pressure in ten seconds is to sever an artery. It is a bit messy, though, and can result in elevating the blood pressure of others.

Posted by The Geek | Report as abusive

Actually, taking a reasonable dose of amlodipine or verapimil will drop your pressure quickly without any messy blood stains. No sweat for the heirs. No messy clean-up.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive