Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

More time to vote, Shoop Shoop!

August 29, 2009

If you wanna know
If he loves you so
It’s in his kiss!
(That’s where it is!)

Yesterday was supposed to be the last day of voting in our Coolest Leader Dude reader poll, comparing U.S. President Barack Obama, Britain’s Prince Charles and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

However, the Online Polling Commission has ordered us to accept votes through this weekend on the grounds that with Charles ahead, there must have been irregularities.

So now I’ve got Jimmy Carter on my sofa going over polling data. The winner will DEFINITELY be announced on Monday, even if God forbid it turns out to be the British guy.

Meanwhile, today we take a look at the guys showing off their charisma by planting big romantic kisses, the kind women expect before you get to the other stuff.

Here’s Obama kissing his wife, Charles kissing his mum and Putin kissing a horse.

Ladies, look at the photos, close your eyes and decide if you’d rather be Michelle, the Queen, or, um, Nelly.

Ya want some more coffee, Jimmy?

U.S. President Obama kisses his wife Michelle as they dance at an Inaugural Ball in Washington, January 20, 2009. REUTERS/Jim Young

Left upper: Britain’s Prince Charles kisses the hand of his mother, Queen Elizabeth, during a visit to the Chelsea Flower Show in London, May 18, 2009. REUTERS/Sang Tan/Pool

Left lower: Russian President Putin nuzzles a horse in a 2005 file photo. REUTERS/Itar-Tass

Comments

Baracko, of course!
armstrong.freelance

Charles seems to be sniffing again, much like the ice cream photo op. Maybe he’s just saying, “Yes, mommy, I did poo my trousers.” ?

Posted by JD | Report as abusive

I never realized how tall Russian women were.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

You LIED Bob. Vlad has a shirt on in this pic! Russian women are not only tall; but, they have such big limpid eyes.

Still, just look at the utter perfection of Chuck’s suit! He’s still the man, Bob.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

Tell President Carter that I have another 500,000 votes for Charles sitting on my desk here; I just haven’t had time to post them all as comments yet.

Posted by Aaron | Report as abusive

:) I totally vote for Vlad in this one! Not that I’d want to be kissed by him. I would prefer to kiss the horse. :D But his kiss is more passionate than the other two, I tell you! He has his eyes closed and maybe he thinks that the horse is his wife/fiancee/girlfriend (don’t know his marital status), but she shuddered when he was leaning forward and stuck a horse in her place. Yes, that is what I think happened.

Putin actually looks to be having the most passionate kiss. Just look at his face! So tender.. so.. creepy. My vote goes for Obama. :P

Posted by Raen | Report as abusive

Don’t disqualify Putin yet – the horse is not wearing a shirt!
Charles wins hands down (or, in the Queen’s case, hands up) for his grace, dignity and poise. Apparently sniffing the fungus in his mum’s fingernails even makes him smile!

Posted by Chuck | Report as abusive

Bill, that was really good!! Nice joke!!
However I must confess that Russian women have always been the most attractive ones in the world. Have a look at celebrity models. I love their style!
(Long live to the houyhnhnms!!
an Australian yahoo,
armstrong.freelance ;-) )

So, you’re asking if I’d like to be a lovely woman, a pony, or the Queen of England?? Easy choice for any woman. How many t-shirts have you seen with little crowns and curly script saying, “I’m a Pony”??

VIVE LE PRINCE CHARLES!!!

Posted by CillJ | Report as abusive

Actually, CillJ, any woman would know that she already is a Queen. It’s not a choice, but a birthright. ;)

My vote goes to the loving husband kissing his very lovely wife.

My vote is for Barrack (and his Queen!).

Posted by QueenOfMyDomain | Report as abusive

I keep on wondering why, oh why, Robert, you insist on this issue. Can you point to someone who has more elegance, poise and understated manhood, especially when kissing somebody, than Charles? Let alone the fact he’s kissing his mother!

Hands down, no question about, above and beyond everyone else, Charles is IT!!!!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Oh come on … you’ve gotta love a guy who respects his Mum … Charles is clearly a front-runner.

Posted by Beth | Report as abusive