Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

A winner in the duel for cool…

August 31, 2009

There’s no point keeping you in suspense any longer.

Our week-long scientific reader poll is over, and by overwhelming majority you selected Britain’s Prince Charles as the Coolest Leader Dude, beating U.S. President Barack Obama and Russia’s Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

Here you see an emotional Charles hearing the good news today and letting it sink in. Actually these may be photos of some other events, but I imagine he looked pretty much like this.

To quote from a few of the reader ballots:

• Charles was our paperboy when we lived in El Paso. A fine lad!
  • I like the looney ones. I bet he laughs like Woody Woodpecker.
  • I had all of Prince’s CDs before he changed his name.
  • It takes a real man to wear a kilt. My dad wears a skirt, but it’s just not the same.
  • It’s so cool not to have a last name! Wait. Is Charles his last name?
  • I’m voting for Charles, Blog Guy, just to spite you for trying to ‘fix’ the poll results!

To see the whole week’s Coolest Leader posts

Above: Assorted REUTERS photos of Prince Charles.

Right: Britain’s Prince Charles dances carimbo, a traditional dance of the Brazilian Amazon region, on his visit to the jungle town of Maguari March 14, 2009. REUTERS/ Paulo Santos

Comments

You’ll be hearing from one of Vlad’s people soon to discuss with you these results. ;-(

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

It’s called “social engineering”, Bob. I’m just way too cool like that.

Now, I’m off to collect my bags of money from Charles…oops…maybe I wasn’t supposed to say anything about that.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

dude! i thought i told you to post that pic of my man, BHO exiting the \\\”beast\\\” in his cool dark sunglasses….it would have been a no-contest! hmpf.

Posted by Kahlen | Report as abusive

Even after winning, Charles continues to show off his coolness with the ladies

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

Cool.

Posted by Aaron | Report as abusive

More a coolest ‘bloke’!
Man you are pissing of the dudes…

Posted by Shyam Krishna R | Report as abusive

:))) i will drink to this

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

I didn’t vote for Charlie once throughout the whole poll, but that picture of him dancing with the Amazon women totally changed my mind. The man has style.

Also, the first picture of him – priceless.

Blog Guy, I’m sorry that your poll was ruined. I sure would have loved to see the pictures you had in store if Mad Vlad or the Obaminator won.

I just don’t understand why you have this problem with Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor. He’s screwed the most gorgeous women in the world. He can fly any aircraft known to man. He’s outfitted head to toe by Savile Row. And, he’s a nice guy. You need to get a grip and calm down. Charles is a cool guy, no matter how you slice or dice it.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

Nothing but admiration – well done Charles, you are human after all :O)