A winner in the duel for cool…
There’s no point keeping you in suspense any longer.
Our week-long scientific reader poll is over, and by overwhelming majority you selected Britain’s Prince Charles as the Coolest Leader Dude, beating U.S. President Barack Obama and Russia’s Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Here you see an emotional Charles hearing the good news today and letting it sink in. Actually these may be photos of some other events, but I imagine he looked pretty much like this.
To quote from a few of the reader ballots:
- Charles was our paperboy when we lived in El Paso. A fine lad!
- I like the looney ones. I bet he laughs like Woody Woodpecker.
- I had all of Prince’s CDs before he changed his name.
- It takes a real man to wear a kilt. My dad wears a skirt, but it’s just not the same.
- It’s so cool not to have a last name! Wait. Is Charles his last name?
- I’m voting for Charles, Blog Guy, just to spite you for trying to ‘fix’ the poll results!
Above: Assorted REUTERS photos of Prince Charles.
Right: Britain’s Prince Charles dances carimbo, a traditional dance of the Brazilian Amazon region, on his visit to the jungle town of Maguari March 14, 2009. REUTERS/ Paulo Santos