Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Learing at a super-hot actress!

September 17, 2009

Yo Blog Guy, you know that hot actress Megan Fox? She’s SO fine! Can you run some pictures of her for me?

Sorry, sir, this isn’t that kind of a blog. We don’t run exploitative photos of human beings just because they are “hot.” My readers have loftier pretentions.

I get it. Blog Guy, I am a huge fan of Shakespeare. Do you happen to know of anyone in show business with The Bard’s quotations tattooed on them?

Why yes, stranger! I believe that actress, Megan Fox, has a quote from “King Lear” on her back. Here, I have a photo of it. Thank you for posing a literary question.

Wait, I’m not done. I believe Megan also has Kate’s famous 400-word soliloquy from “The Taming of the Shrew” tattooed on her fine butt! Let’s see!

Don’t press your luck, creep.

Above and lower right: Actress Megan Fox poses at a fan event for the film “Jennifer’s Body” in Hollywood, September 16, 2009. REUTERS/Fred Prouser

Lower left: Cast member Fox poses at the screening for “Jennifer’s Body” during the Toronto International Film Festival, September 10, 2009. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Comments

Tattooes…. Interesting….
Methinks me should get one meself….

Reminds me of Doom Generation … now that was a tattoo.

Posted by JD | Report as abusive

I’d hate to see where she’d put a “Get thee to a nunnery” tattoo…

Posted by Krista | Report as abusive

Wonderful, Krista….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I have a tattoo on the same spot on my leg. It’s a purple sun with a black center…a remnant from my grunge days. Unfortunately, at times it appears to be a large spider climbing up my leg. I’ve startled over it several times in the 10 years that I’ve had it…

Just once I’d like to see a celebrity show off a bare shoulder that read “Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.” or “Big A, little a, what begins with A?”. Now THERE’S something to show you’re a literary scholar!

Posted by K | Report as abusive

Are you kidding? I would LOVE to see where she’d put a “Get thee to a nunnery” tattoo!

Posted by Pete | Report as abusive

I hate tattoos on women. There really is no improving on nature’s design of the female form and all tattoos do is provide a means by which a mediocre artist can stain a human body permanently. It’s like awful graffiti. And what’s more, it looks really disgusting when they get old. Because a beautiful woman with a tattoo today, looks like a cheap speed freak tomorrow.

Posted by Dolmance | Report as abusive

Don’t you mean “leering at a super-hot actress”?

Be funny AND spell correctly?!?! That’s asking too much of our dear Blog Guy.

I used to couldn’t spell Blogger. Now I are one!

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

Ah, Fleetham, that’s the beauty of Bob – Shakespearean puns even in the headlines!

Posted by Beth | Report as abusive

Many thanks for setting the record straight, Beth. I figured if I had to do it myself, then I’m in the wrong business. Of course, maybe I still am….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

“Lord, what fools these mortals be.”

William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Dolmance, I’m pretty sure that the point of tattoos is not to improve nature’s design, but to make a statement about something that is meaningful to the wearer’s life – man or woman. I also very much enjoyed your sexist comments that appear to suggest that tattoos on old women look ‘really disgusting’ whereas upon men they don’t?

Without hijacking the blog with a rant on tattoos – I have two, and when getting them I considered what they would look like when my skin is wrinkly and I realised that it doesn’t matter because the meaning behind them will be the same. I didn’t get tattoos for guys like you to look at, I got them for me.

*gets off soapboax*

Meanwhile, I’m kind of in awe that that’s what Megan Fox chose to have put on her body! It’s a pretty bold statement, and most people won’t get it. Go her. Wish I had some witty Shakespeare quote to finish this off with, but I’m pretty tired today. Ahh, to sleep. To sleep perchance to dream…

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

However out of context that tattoo might possibly be, it is a bold statement, I agree with you. I also agree with your little stand on the soap box, there, I have two tattoos myself and they are quite large and I think they’re beautiful and I love them.

I just wanted to point out that I thought it was sort of funny that no one has actually noted the significance of this quote. It’s hilarious that it’s on her body, how fabulous! This woman must be an amazing person to talk to. Shakespeare was wrong, of course, because look at who’s wearing his quote, but honestly, I can’t remember anymore if it was said facetiously or if it’s just entirely out of context . A good equivalent example would be the Golden Calf by Damian Hirst. Hilarious, you know. Everyone is talking about how much he sold it for, meanwhile the meaning is lost. Namely, the biblical reference, which is probably also what Megan Fox is pointing out. We watch many emaciated stars that glorify anorexia walk down a red carpet, to get awards for completely subjective and sometimes ridiculous things while wearing their designer dresses that no one else could afford to own and we broadcast it nationally. I can tell you you will never see a national broadcast of major science or educator awards. Priorities, that’s what it boils down to.

Posted by False Idol | Report as abusive

Bravo, Little Miss Random!!!
You speak for all us would-like-to-get-tattooed-and-care-a-ce nt-what-they-would-look-like-in-our-80′s women… :)

Man, I would like to be a supr cool Grandma with a tattoo.. ;)

A beautiful woman needs no augmentation, such as a tattoo. A less than beautiful woman can only make herself look cheap with a tattoo.
An ugly woman can only make things worse with a tattoo.
Of course, personality overcomes appearance almost all the time, especially if body art is avoided.

Posted by Jack | Report as abusive

Based on other actresses it is rather funny that people don’t think she will look like a used up speed freak by the time she is 50 anyway. This is Megan Fox we are talking about it isn’t like she is the model for living life or anything or anything other than a short lived bit of eye candy that people will forget about in 10 years.

Posted by Ben | Report as abusive

You make a good point Ben. In this throw-away society a pretty face today is replaced by tomorrow’s. (Unless you attempt to adopt third-world babies like what’s her name.)

Posted by smoothmoe | Report as abusive

we will all laugh at two-faced or fake people. is she calling her fans idiots? coz she’s one of the gilded butterflies.. or is she giving a secret message? and she is sooo deep and cheeky.. actually saying we’re all stupid for making false empty heads celebrities? or she doesnt know the meaning of her tattoo and just trying to say i was born in 1986 and i havent got a university diploma and I earn money with my beauty.. i get a king lear tattoo and i might look smart? gilded butterflies they cant fly. Something gilded is to take something less expensive and cover it with something pleasing or expensive to make it appear that it is something it is not. Something gilded would be fake.She is fake. She is an actress, and a celebrity, and she is fake. As she ages, her beauty is fleeting, and will fade.

“Every time I get another tattoo, it’s like a little f-you to anyone who told me not to.”

her understanding for Shakespeare, hahahah the line is misquoted, and she’s obviously just doing it as some post juvenile rebellion against convention. She is only rebelling against predictable and common tattoos. tattoo like hers or lets say yin yang tattoo on a body tells me actually that person is not that deep. just pretending.. she has to have a tattoo or any material like tshirt..etc to tell the world who she is… because she cant be that way.. never… why noone invited her to a book discussion program? about Shakespeare for example.. would love to hear her bright ideas..

Posted by Enlightened Despot | Report as abusive

BOB! BOB! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO THINK! DO SOMETHING, QUICKLY!!

Posted by Aaron | Report as abusive

I’m sure it won’t happen again, Aaron.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Cheap graffiti my ass. Tattooed women are AWESOME. Of course, bad tattoos are not good on anyone.

Posted by Werecat | Report as abusive

My fault – I forgot that opinions and debate are discouraged on this blog.

My apologies.

I retract my original comment to replace it with:

Floobie dingle blob.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

People are thinking on your blog, Bob….
Not a good sign….

Look, Random and Shra, no harm done, but thanks for understanding. And Miss Random, just to clarify, opions and debate are fine. It’s LEARNING that is discouraged on this blog.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Hey – I never learned nothing on this dern bloggidy thang! If anything, it’s making me stoopider!

And I wasn’t trying to teach anyone either. So there. *pokes tongue out*

Wow, this blog appears to be reversing my maturity as well. Who knew.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Lovely Miss Fox also sports a tattoo for Brian Austin Green, a big fan of King Henry V’s “Once more unto the beach”.

Today’s face will be replaced by tomorrows. Brian gets replaced by Shia. And “cool tribal tat dude” gets replaced by “my god is that gangrene?”

Posted by iambuzz | Report as abusive

She should get that mole looked at.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Bill, that’s not a mole,… the tattooist sneezed.

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive

The two ideas, that tattoos make a statement about the wearer’s life, and a tattoo can make an ugly person look worse, are not mutually exclusive. This last Friday I saw what I can only describe as a “glamor shot” of two dogs posed against a blue and red background (so the dogs were white, or flesh colored) on the upper back of an overweight middle-aged woman. With no neck. Wearing a tank top.

Statement received. You love your dogs and shop at Walmart.

I showed my son, who promptly said, “Oh, cool!”…