Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Boy, we sure need one of these!

September 22, 2009

Blog Guy, as someone who is interested in government, I’m wondering if you can find me a photo of President Barack Obama and his whole cabinet together.

Heck, I can find you an OFFICIAL one! Here is an OFFICIAL photo of Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and the whole cabinet, taken just a few days ago.

What’s the difference? I mean, what’s official about it?

Well, an UNOFFICIAL one might have some bogus characters in it, like Dick Van Dyke or Urkel or Archie and Veronica, but this one is guaranteed to be the OFFICIAL deal.

Wow! What’s it cost to produce a thing like that?

A lot. There are 23 people in the shot. Say it took an hour to shoot and they make at least DC minimum wage of $8.25 an hour, that’s $189.75, plus the photographer, and the processing down at the Rite Aid.

I think you’re looking at $240 of your tax money here, but that’s a small price to pay for something official.

Above: President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden pose with the full Cabinet for an official group photo in the East Room of the White House on Sept. 10, 2009. White House Photo/Chuck Kennedy

Comments

Is the picture on sale?

I believe you can buy it online at officialcabinetphoto.gov. Or if you’re in DC, you can stop by The Cabinet Shop, which sells all kinds of cabinet souvenirs.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

well, ummmm…. I was… umm… simply..uh.. enquiring!!
They have already spen tax money on this, why spend more on buying it… Unless you are a tourist and … uh… photoshop yourself on the pic!
Loads of space to do that!

Yes Shra, but that could be seen as disrespectful. Americans LOVE cabinet members, and follow their every move. They’re sort of like rock stars over here.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Really???? No!!

There does seem to be the perfect place to insert yourself right next to the VP.

Posted by detroit johnnie | Report as abusive

There’s enough room on the floor in front to ‘shop in my Great Dane, Vinnie!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Why are Biden, Obama and a good portion covering their family jewels???

Posted by Zacc | Report as abusive

@AllThatJazz: Heck, you could “shop in” a horse in front, if you had a picture of one laying down.

Posted by detroit johnnie | Report as abusive

… or a picture of some cool guy like Vladimir Putin ;-)

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

Uh, but wut about the cabinet? I see a bunch of peoples, but the only furniture I see is the bench’s some of them is sittin’ on, I dun’t see no cabinet.

Posted by dumb guy | Report as abusive

There’s sufficient contrast that Shopping out Biden would be easy. Plugging anyone else would be just as easy…

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive