Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Baby, you’re the stupidest!

October 5, 2009

Blog Guy, I’m tired of dating smart chicks. Where can I find some stupid ones?

I can’t help you. The ones I know, especially those who read my blog, are very smart.

Come on, just between us, you must know where I can get some dimwits.

You might try London. Some of the women there are so stupid the police have launched an ad campaign warning them to stop carrying guns for their boyfriends. It doesn’t get much dumber.

“Hey Pam, you got any extra room in your purse?

“Sure, Johnny. Watcha need?”

“Let’s see. here’s my Chapstick, and some gum…”

“No worries, Johnny. Anything else?”

“Oh, I guess I should take my Glock in case I wanna kill somebody. But I’d rather not carry it on me because I could go to prison.”

“No sweat, Johnny. I can see where you wouldn’t want that. Look, just a little bit of the barrel sticks out of my purse. Ya want some extra ammo, too?”

“You’re the best, baby! What did I do to deserve a tree stump like you?”

Live the dream. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Above: Hollywood actress Milla Jovovich in a 2004 file photo. REUTERS/ Yuriko Nakao

Left: A model presents swimwear during a fashion show in Budapest in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Laszlo Balogh

Comments

(fashion designers)

Please tell me they’re being asinine on purpose!

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive

Well… that last picture took care of any doubt you could have about why the London police campaign is targeted at bubble-headed blondes, as obviously London is the headquarters for 007 and all his colleagues!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

James Bond did have a lot of colleagues….

Posted by mel adamei | Report as abusive

I’m glad you recognize the intellectual superiority of your female readers, Bob. I would never carry my boyfriend’s gun for him – only his wallet and keys.

Posted by Beth | Report as abusive

Good for you, Beth! And this should be especially true of some guy you just met in a chat room, and even MORE true if you met him as he was running away from a convenience store….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

‘some guy’ – Please tell me you’re being asinine on purpose!

‘M’ – the campaign is actually targeted at 15 to 19-year-olds of African and African Caribbean heritage (http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEno ughNews/idUSTRE58T5A720090930?feedType=n l&feedName=usoddlyenough)

Posted by Janette | Report as abusive

@Janette –
we can all breathe a sigh of relief now then!

Posted by Dava | Report as abusive

Baby, you’re the stupidest!

Blog guy, flattery will get you everywhere…

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Yup… true…

I’ll bet that she doesn’t have a concealed weapons permit.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Ah, when I first saw your comment, I thought it was supposed to go with my first post of this morning: Nobody wants to see exposed fashion models!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Of course she doesn’t have a concealed carry permit; otherwise, she’d be wearing enough to conceal the carry.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

I don’t believe a word of this report. The UK outlawed all firearms years ago, therefore there can be no privately owned handguns or firearms in the UK. Everyone knows that gun control laws take care of that sort of thing. Take away the arms and crime and violence will automatically go away, right? This is no doubt propaganda generated by some right wing extremist to make us believe that criminals would hang on to their guns if guns were outlawed.

“When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.”

Posted by Pat Hoy | Report as abusive