Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Beside the bride in Naugahyde?

October 20, 2009

Blog Guy, I’m planning my wedding, and I need your advice. My four bridesmaids are very pretty, and I don’t want them to outshine me at my own event.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you seem like kind of a bitch.

Hey, thanks! So how can I make sure I’m the brightest star on my special day?

Oh, just do what every other bride does. Choose the most hideous outfits imaginable for your bridesmaids. They can’t stop you.

Check this combo shot, and pretend those are your four bridesmaids coming down the aisle, all skanked-up like the Queen of Uglytown…

I love it. It’s beyond HIDEOUS! Surely it doesn’t exist!

It’s real, and it was just presented at a genuine fashion show. I’m pretty sure it’s made from old car upholstery. Also note the shoes and a very special touch, a full shower curtain hanging from the hem and dragging on the floor.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Years from now my friends and I will have such fun looking at the wedding photos!

You really are out of your mind, aren’t you, honey?

A model presents a creation by Ukrainian designer Elena Burenina during Ukrainian Fashion Week in Kiev October 18, 2009. REUTERS/Konstantin Chernichkin

Comments

Damn. That’s the best they can come up with? These are professional designers, right? Maybe there was a mix-up with their designs and a 6-year old’s scribles, and it wasn’t caught before it went to manufacture…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

It looks as if she has black tape swirling around her face and plastic hanging from her posterior.

Back in 2003 the US Fire Administrator advised citizens to stock up on duct tape and plastic sheets.

It appears that the fashion industry has found a use for those supplies we should all have on hand.

The terror alert color for today is Yellow.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Geez Bob !!

So-called “modern” fashions such as this are making me have second thoughts about moving to Titicaca. They don’t worry so much about fashions there. In fact, I think the girls there often go topless, without that annoying block you put on all of the girls here. I think that might be part of the reason they call it Titicaca. I don’t want to think about the other part. :-o(

Aloha (or whatever they say in Titicaca)

Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie | Report as abusive

Times are tough, and everyone’s into recycling. This designer has captured the spirit of today by making a dress out of the skinned backseat of a Cash for Clunkers trade-ins
The shoes appear to be some amalgam of tires and cupholders, I’m not sure…

Posted by Tina | Report as abusive

I dont believe those are shoes!!!! how COULD they???

Ahh, I’ve missed you Blog Guy.

And the rest of you too.

We’ve been here all along. Where did you go? Mount Isa?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Well, first I decided to take a weekend at the Royal Brisbane Hospital, just to check out the scenery. Then I went to Melbourne. It was much colder there. And much, MUCH colder than Mt Isa.

I can see the Ukrainians getting excited about hide from the rare and fabulously valuble and versatile nauga. They’re used to sable, mink and other exotic critters, they can appreciate the value of the nauga, even if it had to be harvested from the back seats of Fort Pintos on the way to the crusher.

I know they’re a little backward. But, really, hair spray has been around for over 50 years. Why would you want to stabilize your coif with electrical tape? 2″ clear packing tape would have been so much less obtrusive.

The shoes? Mein Gott, plaster casts would have been more stylish. At least those could be signed by the famous designers who created them, to everyone’s never-ending chagrin. Want to take them off? No problem, just go borrow a cast saw from your local orthopedc surgeon. Keep the remains, you can use the electrical tape to put them back on.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

Probably a smart move, Miss Random. Thanks to their mayor, we all know what kind of chicks they have in Mt. Isa…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I say we all pitch in and buy one of these outfits for our dear Blog Guy’s spouse. Support the designers who supply such rich fodder for the Oddly Enough blog! :-)

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

I understand that Jimmy Soul is going on tour in Mt. Isa to revise his hit “If You Wanna Be Happy For the Rest of Your Life.”

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Careful, CAM. How do you know that’s NOT my spouse?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bob, if that had been your spouse…. I am sure you are re-thinking your bond right now…..

The second I saw the photo’s I thought of my mom’s ’71 Plymouth Fury that we had when I was a kid.

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive

Yup, that’s car upholstery alright.

Posted by SilverHakai | Report as abusive

Aesthetically challenged girls? In Mt Isa? Is THAT what he’s been saying? ;)

Maybe I SHOULD move up there. At least I’d know I’d be at the top end of the gene pool.