Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Just call me “Easy Writer”

October 27, 2009

Blog Guy, a couple of weeks ago you featured a rebus in your blog. How about another one?

Rebus? You mean that Roman guy who was the brother of Romulus?

No, you dimwit. Not Remus, REBUS!

Oh, you mean Uncle Rebus, that guy with the “Br’er Rabbit” stories.

You really are a simpleton! That’s Uncle Remus. I’m talking about a rebus, which is a puzzle where pictures suggest a word or a phrase. You did one, and it was fun.

Well, who knew there was a word for it? Okay, I have some photos here I’m not using for anything, so let’s see if my readers can solve the puzzle.

But the answer better not be “briar patch,” because that would make me right about Uncle Rebus!

Tweat yourself to this blog on Twitter at rbasler

Combo left: A barman holds up a bottle of Absinthe in a 1998 file photo. Absinthe, a highly potent form of alcohol, was banned in the United States and most of Western Europe in the early 90′s. REUTERS/Kieran Doherty

Combo center: A vendor in a chocolate shop holds up Belgian praline boxes made for Valentine’s Day in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Yves Herman¬†¬† (BELGIUM)

Combo right: Actor Peter Fonda poses for a portrait on a replica of the “Captain America” bike in Glendale, California October 23, 2009. Fonda was promoting the recent release on blu-ray disk of the 1969 movie “Easy Rider” on its 40th anniversary. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Comments

Absinthe makes the heart grow Fonda.Imma let you finish, but Beyonce has the best Uncle Remus…

Posted by K. West | Report as abusive

Well no, that’s not how it’s supposed to work, where somebody comes up with the right answer a minute and a half after the competition starts.I guess I’m going to have to either create harder puzzles, or shoot for stupider readers. Actually, that second option sounds easier.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Actually, it’s Forbidden alcohol will make your heart go hippy on you!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

As for the stupider readers, I’m not sure we can get any stupider, really…

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Yes we kan! Yes we kan!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Whut? Oh, uh, yeah, My mom watches that Rebus and Kelly show every morning.

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive

You mean there is people stoopider than me?

Posted by K. West | Report as abusive

Nice one, Some Guy! Wish I’d thought of that.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

And here I thought it was a recipe for Bob’s favorite night out – booze, girl, bike …

Posted by Beth | Report as abusive

Much as I hate to admit it… K west seems pretty close to it…

Very close, Beth. Booze, chocolate and classic movies….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Well, a pun is the lowest form of humor, according to some guy that wrote for the Merriam Webster Dictionary, years ago.Now we are being accused of being neanderthal type low brows?The apple doesn’t fall from the tree, I suppose?Or should I have typed out a few really punny lines?Haw haw haw snarf!I made a funny, ma!And nowadays, the class clowns are thought to have ADHD?Where was the ritalin when I was in school? Gimme! Or else my self absorption/esteem may be impaired!

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, but Beyonce has the stupidist readers…If it makes you feel any better Bob, my best guess was ‘Alcoholic heart chopper’.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

I saw the infomercial for the Alcoholic Heart Chopper.It’s only $9.99 plus Shipping and Handling.Hint, hint, Christmas is coming!

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Rebus? The country singer, Rebus McEntire?

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive