Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Can I hold that for ya, Miss?

November 2, 2009

Blog Guy, I really need some dating advice. I’m an attractive young woman but I’m very shy, and when I meet a new man for the first time I just don’t know what to say. Help!

This is a very common problem. Some women find it useful to be holding something in their hand when they first meet a new guy, to help get the conversation started.

You know, something the guy will have to comment on. Do you have anything like that?

Yes! I love my picture of Lenin!

Okay, yes I guess a wallet-size photo of a former Beatle could be a conversation starter.

No, not Lennon! This is Vladimir Lenin. The Communist guy. It is a very nice portrait. I bet you’re right, any young man would admire it!

That’s not exactly what I had in mind. Now, you take this photo on the left, of a fashion model holding something…

I see. And you think that would help me start conversations with men?

Yes. Trust me, even if they are recently deceased.

Above: A model holds a portrait of Vladimir Lenin, founder of the Soviet state, while presenting a creation by Kazakhstan designer Saltanat Baymukhamedova during Kazakhstan Fashion Week in Almaty, October 31, 2009.

Below: A model presents a creation by Baymukhamedova in Almaty, October 30, 2009.

REUTERS/photos by Shamil Zhumatov

Comments

You’d think if she was that cold, she could invest in some sleeves.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

To be honest, if you look anything like the model on the bottom picture, especially in terms of make-up, hairstyle or attire, I am not sure even holding boobs will dramatically increase your appeal, my dear young lady…

Posted by M | Report as abusive

I think you’d be surprised, M….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Mr Robbie!

Trying to sneak another zombie in here, are ya?

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

‘Hold on loosely
but don’t let go
if you cling too tightly
you’re gonna lose control’

-38 Special

Somehow, the orange grenade outfit seemed just cheesy enough for some 38 Special lyrics.

Obviously chafing is an issue here.

Posted by Paul | Report as abusive

Wanted Zombie babe……… Mustn’t have sleeves …… Can travel ;)

Posted by Vert | Report as abusive

OK, so the young lady in the bottom left picture, the one wearing the umpire’s protective gear, under the vest she’s holding … baseballs?

Posted by Jimmy | Report as abusive

come on guys, it’s a Halloween costume: Medusa dressing up as a pumpkin.— she should have drawn a face on the front.

Posted by Christina | Report as abusive

“…..and Medusa tried desperately to get someone to look at her… her pumpkin jacket didnt really get her the kind of attention she wanted, so she tried holding her boobs…. but her pumpkin jacket wasnt see through… so, that didnt work either….”