Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

You commoners drink this crap?

November 7, 2009

Okay gang, you all know the deal. We’ve actually persuaded Prince Charles to endorse our brand of coffee for a TV commercial!Yeah, he said it’s only Canada so nobody will see it anywhere important, and he can use a few extra bucks.It’s a real advertising coup, but we only get one take, so it has to be perfect the first time.Now, the prince is going to just be walking along doing prince stuff, and ask for a cup of our coffee. He’ll try it, and then give us a big smile of delight.Oh my God! This is our one take? This is supposed to make people buy this crap?Well, we’ve paid for it so we have to use it, but at least edit out that last few seconds where he drops to his knees and spews his lunch on the crowd.

Get a grip! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Britain’s Prince Charles samples naturally grown coffee in traditional farmer’s market, at the Evergreen Brick Works Restoration site, in Toronto November 6, 2009. REUTERS/Fred Thornhill

Comments

This is Kopi Luwak coffee ain’t it?

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Worse, Bill. It’s Kopi Luwak DECAF!http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-eno ugh/2007/05/17/waiter-theres-poo-in-my-b rew/

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Prince Charles shocked the patrons of a local coffeehouse today when he burst into tears after tasting the coffee he ordered. He stomped his feet with the tears coursing down his face, finally flinging himself onto the floor in a full-blown tantrum. When asked what the problem was, he replied (in a whiny voice) “I wanted whipped cream with cocoa sprinkles on top!!!”….

Posted by K | Report as abusive

I don’t blame him. There are two kinds of people in the world: those who drink good coffee and everybody else, and E.E. can be slow on the uptake. Anyway, just so long as it has caffeine. You mess with my caffeine and you die.

Posted by Starcrossed | Report as abusive

My darling little English mother flew to Texas to meet her first grandson. My best friend fixed her a cup of tea. I will never forget my mom’s face or my poor friend. Mother took one drink and sprayed most of it out! She said, “This is the WORST cup of tea I have EVER had!” It was the taste of the water that made the horrible flavor! My mother was so embarrassed to have hurt my friend’s feelings! I just roared with laughter!

Who even thought asking an Englishman about what tastes good. I’ve been there, and have relatives on both sides of the pond… Bland & Over-boiled. Ever heard of any fine dining establishments based on English Cuisine? Not likely to ever happen.

Posted by Robot Omens | Report as abusive

He’s English! They are mostly tea drinkers! Of All people from England, the Prince of Wales no less! What were they thinking??? LOL

Posted by Chuck | Report as abusive

Ah, Charles!! You never disappoint your fans! No wonder, you are the coolest world leader ever!!Imagine Merkel doing the same… oh no, wait!! Merkel ALWAYS has this expression!!! Boring!!

Robot, you should bear in mind Britain is now officially the home to the largest number of internationally rated top cooks and restaurants. And, of course, you are ignoring all the delicacies British cuisine regales us with, such as Shepherd’s Pie, Kidney Pie, Turnip pie, cucumber sandwiches…

Posted by M | Report as abusive

You mean wafer thin cucumber sandwiches, dont you, M?And I mean, wafer THIN… Quite a feat that one is actually… And dont forget Scotland’s favourite… HAGGIS!! :)

And don’t forget spotted dick and toad-in-the hole. I’m not making those up.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

True… and dont get me started on the names of the pubs… Quite a lot of “illicit” stuff in that !! ;)

I’ll bet Vlad would like it.

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

Well Shra, I would hope that as a girl, you’re not actually going into pubs.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Forgive me Bob.. could you please explain that?

Gosh no, if I could explain stuff, I’d probably be a real journalist…I would mention, though, that you and Little Miss Random will be very happy with an item I plan to post in a few hours, since you requested more content like this.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Shra is female? I just thought Shra had an obsession with woman’s footware.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Yes Bill.. I am a girl.. and as any normal girl, I love handbags and shoes… NOT obsessed though…

Nice to make your acquaintance.Whose definition of “normal” is accepted by this Blog?

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Well Bill, you seem like just about the most normal one in sight….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bob, I am not so out on my medication, that I accept THAT level of normalcy… Bill, I am as normal as Lisa Simpson…

Hey! I think that was a jab at me…I’ll think more about that later.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Didnt mean no harm, Bill… say.. got anything stronger than Prozac on you?

That’s ok Shra. Now that I have thought about it though, I think it was two jabs at me in a row.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

2??? Who jabbed you the second time, Billy boy??

BLOG guy at 4:12.Shra at 4:23.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Awww, sowwie Bill!!

What else would you have expected from a tea-drinking Brit!
Coffee is for Yankees and Frenchmen, not English Royalty.
He probably did like the taste, but feigned disgust out of cultural pride. The Prince takes tea, thank you.

Posted by DNGLHPPR | Report as abusive

Prince Charles is a horses-ass so who cares how he reacted. Europeans in general are stuck-up “nose in the air” people anyhow about anything North American.

We had a visitor from Belgium who tasted a Hershey’s chocolate mini bar we had in a bowl & she quickly spit it out of her mouth & trashed it with a look of disgust on her face as “it tasted really bad” to her. I’ve been to Belgium & tasted their chocolate, & I couldn’t find any difference. But it didn’t matter – to her she was going to hate the Hershey chocolate no matter what.

Posted by Bobo_9 | Report as abusive