Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Getting away from the rat race?

November 11, 2009

Blog Guy, I see you’re Mister Travel Blogger these days. What’s the hot new trend in leisure travel?

These days, lots of readers come to me and say, “Bob, we’re tired of staying in luxury hotels when we travel. We would prefer to experience what it’s like to be a small rodent.”

Really? You get that a lot?

All the time. So I tell them about “Hamster’s Villa,” over there in France, where for $148 you can sleep in the 18th century caretaker’s room designed to give the impression of living in a hamster’s cage, complete with a six-foot wheel to run in.

You just run and that wheel goes around and you don’t get anywhere?

Exactly. So what do you do, stranger?

I’m an office worker. You know, cubicle, conference calls, spreadsheets, the usual.

Cool. So then the Hamster Villa would be a real change of pace for you, huh?

Go for the big thrills. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

French architect Frederic Tabary poses inside the “Hamster’s Villa”, imagined and conceived by Tabary together with architect Yann Falquerho, in Nantes, France, November 8, 2009. For 99 euros ($148) a night, guests can sleep in the 18th century caretaker’s room designed to give the impression of living in a hamster’s cage, complete with a wheel to run in. REUTERS/Stephane Mahe

Comments

See, this is exactly the sort of thing I would abslutely NOT do!!! Why would I want to be like a rodent? I HATE rodents!!!

Shra, that outburst was a little troublesome for me… Are you sure you’re getting your Xanax on time and in the right dose?I know I get mine because I go through the corridors running quickly and when I get to the place where I hit the button and get the pill, I know it’s the right dose.Wait a minute… who needs to pay 100 euros to be treated like a rodent? It’s everyday life in the work place, innit?

Posted by M | Report as abusive

M, i am NOT getting my dosage… gave them all to Basler didnt I!And yeah… the work place is filled with rodents… only these ones are bigger and taller and meaner and dumber and… and…. and…. I am outta words..Maybe I should get my self some Prozac.. or maybe its time to take some Lithium….

T..where have you been..?? You have been running around in the hamster’s wheel!!!!!!!!! All this time!!!And you made the hamster lounge on your bed!! I am sooo telling on you!! Nurse Basler!!

Rats? More like lemmings. See you all at the cliff!

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

Both of you! Shut your heads!Or I will tell Nurse Rached that y’all are fighting!

Posted by t | Report as abusive

Well CAM, it’s like they say, “When life hands you lemmings, make lemmingade…”

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Only if I get the cute hat and a good supply of whatever he’s on.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

I am sure lemmingade tastes horrible…

Lemmingade might taste better than rat-tatouille. Less cheesy, for certain.

Posted by DeWALTGirl | Report as abusive