Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

I’ve seen the captain somewhere before!

November 14, 2009

Blog Guy, my favorite actress is Marcia Gay Harden. Why isn’t she in more stuff?Because Marcia divides her time between acting and her real love, working as the captain of a luxury cruise ship.WHAT?We caught up with her this week in New York City, aboard the Carnival Dream, tooting the horn, dropping the anchor and stuff, charting a course for Louisville or someplace like that.Blog Guy, are you out of  your fricking mind? She’s just there to promote a new cruise ship. That’s it.You know, that’s what I thought at first, too. But look at the caption. It has one of those NOT FOR SALE FOR MARKETING OR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS warnings on it.So, why would they bring in a famous actress and then not be able to use the pictures for anything? No, I’m sticking with my original guess, that she’s the captain.Blog Guy, do you always just “guess” at the so-called news you print here?No, not always. Sometimes I just make it up completely.

Actress Marcia Gay Harden dons Carnival Dream Captain Carlo Queirolo’s hat while touring the ship’s bridge in New York City, November 12, 2009. Harden presided over ship’s naming ceremonies for the new ship. REUTERS/Ray Stubblebine/ Carnival Cruise Lines/HO) FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR SALE FOR MARKETING OR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS

Comments

So let me get this straight – you really are competing with Fox and CNN? Just because they make it up, doesn’t mean it’s ok for you to do it too. What’s next, photo-shopped pictures?

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

Hold on a minute there Dave, you flatter me! I may make up a lot of stuff, but I’m not nearly in the league of the giants you mentioned.As for your Photoshop comment, when I can look at our photo file and find real pictures every day like the one in this post, I have no need for special software. Never have, never will.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Oh no, our Mr. Basler would never stoop to Photo-shopping pictures – think how much work that would be, when he has such a vast array of unaltered idiocy with which to work!

Posted by Beth | Report as abusive

Dave, wasn’t it MSNBC that was using fake, “Photo-shopped” pictures of Sarah Palin while bashing her? At least Hannity apologized on air when he caught wind of the wrong tea party footage. I don’t think I’ll hold my breath waiting for an apology from MSNBC.

Posted by Mike | Report as abusive

Hey! That’s not even a real boat!! You can clearly see the museum parking lot through the glass is the first photo.

Posted by JD | Report as abusive

Captain Edward John Smith also had a weakness for being in the company of High Society people on maiden voyages under his command.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

If paid about the same, I’d rather be a ship captain than a flight pilot. What would happen if the latter invited a lady piloting a plane in mid-air ? Would he be getting an applause or sacked ?

Posted by Haig | Report as abusive

My spam word was MOVE… yeah.. MOVE!!