Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

And the final sign of the Apocalypse is…

November 18, 2009

Blog Guy, you’ve written a lot in past years about your Christmas spirit and holiday mood, and this year I feel the same! Merry Christmas! What a joyous season! Eh?

Oh, I don’t know…

What are you talking about? It’s your favorite time of year! I thought nothing could dampen your spirit!

It’s just that I’ve seen something…. Something horrible. Something no human should ever have to watch.

I don’t care WHAT you saw, it shouldn’t douse the Christmas flame! Chestnuts on an open fire, sleigh rides, peace on earth…. Little children.

God bless us, every one! Buck up, Blog Guy!

Yeah, I suppose you’re right, friendly stranger. Say, would you mind clicking on this video below? Turn your volume way up….

Droplets of water fall on poinsettia plants at the Serre des Iles greenhouse in Levis, November 17, 2009. REUTERS/Mathieu Belanger

A diver dressed as Santa Claus swims with dolphins at Hakkeijima Sea Paradise in Yokohama, south of Tokyo, November 15, 2009. REUTERS/Yuriko Nakao (JAPAN

Comments

What’s wrong with the video? I was waiting for one of those scary picture things to pop up or something.

I wanna party with those guys, they seem like they’re having a blast

Posted by Tina | Report as abusive

Sweet blog.

Its been public knowledge that Dylan was releasing a Christmas album for quite a while now. So, he made a silly video to go along with it. What’s your point?

Posted by mdr | Report as abusive

Why its apocalyptic:

Because when a social commentator of Dylan’s caliber releases a silly album honoring a commercialized religious holiday at the moment of our monetary system’s inflationary implosion it qualifies as a sign of the apocalypse (one of many). Though, I’ll give Dylan his credit (especially since I haven’t listened to it and have no room to critique his work): It’s probably got some decent commentary in it somewhere/someway. Still…apocalyptic.

Posted by hvy | Report as abusive

Bob Dylan Christmas video, no big deal. Bob Dylan video with an accordion, THAT’S the sign of the Apocalypse.

Posted by Beth | Report as abusive

That was random…

Posted by Rudy | Report as abusive

I, I, I, don’t
know
what to
say… pure stunnery.

All that video needed was prince charles

Posted by detroit johnnie | Report as abusive

I think Beth’s got it right. Tubas would have nailed it.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

Bob Dylan is nearly as old as St. Nick… so this is not such a stretch. Actually, only Bob could rock as long as he has and still be believable at what he does… he’s still proving that death is not the end. :)

Posted by Mike | Report as abusive

This is by far one of my favorite Xmas tunes – originally done by Brave Combo (out of Dallas) I like to call it “Polka – Rock” -check em out -. Dylan covering Brave Combo? Wow! Thanks for makin my day, blog dude!!

Posted by hereshopin | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, but Taylor Swift got some competition for next years’ Video of the Year!!!!

Posted by K. West | Report as abusive

There’s so much to be bothered by about this, but his hair is freaking me out the most.

Posted by Jenn | Report as abusive

Like all good Jewish boys making videos about Santa, he uses klezmer music and hora dances. What’s wrong with that?

Posted by S.B. Blum | Report as abusive

Ummmm….

I really Really REALLY hate to bring this up, but..
I saw several people in this video who were wearing… white hats!!

And possibly one naked woman at 1:58…

Posted by Lonnie | Report as abusive

Bob, at the beginning, is wearing a white top hat. Clearly this is cryptic tableau requiring the assistance of Dan Brown so that we can further understand the agenda of the White Hats.

Posted by Perpugilliam Brown | Report as abusive