What’s your outfit, soldier?

November 18, 2009

Blog Guy, I know you’re always making fun of bizarre fashion show outfits, but they can’t ALL be that bad. Is it fair for you to only show a designer’s strangest creations?

I guess you’re right. A few days ago I got a lot of traffic, and comments, on a post showing a creation by Pakistani designer Tayyab Bombal, which featured a model wearing only shoes and trousers.

I heard from the designer himself, who thanked me for showing his design and shared some of his other stuff with me.

As you can see in this combo shot above, Tayyab doesn’t ONLY create men’s clothes for The Shirtless Look.

For instance, there’s also the Red Vest and No Shirt Look. Close your eyes and picture Art Carney on “The Honeymooners.” “Hey there, Ralphie boy!”

Then there is this OTHER thing, sort of a half-shirt with straps. Tayyab tells me it’s supposed to represent the hardships of the Pakistani Army in war zones.

Now, that makes perfect sense to me. If I wore that thing in a war zone – or  heck, even to buy a Big Gulp down at my neighborhood 7-Eleven – I guess I’d expect hardships as well.

Bottom: A model takes to the catwalk wearing a creation by Pakistani designer Tayyab Bombal during Fashion Pakistan Week in Karachi on November 7, 2009. REUTERS/Adrees Latif

I dunno Blog Guy, looks like a combination body-sized pressure dressing and something a zombie would wear. It sure doesn’t look like any Pakistan Army uniform I’ve ever seen… Maybe the Talibs are giving him fashion hints? No that can’t be it, they are all about the “full cover”.And what’s with re-printing the abs guy picture? Shra send you a special request? You know she’s just going to have to increase her dosage now.

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

Halloa!! More shots of Mr.Fab Abs… you are just too good, Basler!Dave, I have been asking for such shots for quite some time and am very glad that Bob actually got back about it…As far as Talib fashion is concerned, for me, your opinion holds true! Never heard of a fashion critic from Kabul… goes to show how my meds are affecting me…Btw, where are my Prozac packs??

Funny, I was going to wear that exact red vest to work today but, my wife stopped me before I got out the door.Methinks Blog Guy is pandering to the fairer sex (Shra) through his posting of salacious beefcake photos to increase his female readership.Bring on the wenches!

Posted by CAM | Report as abusive

More salacious beefcake photos… please. I have been wondering myself why there were more wenches than beefcakes featured here, and have come to the conclusion that Bob doesn’t like his female readers to drool over anything except for his brilliant writing. Thanks for pandering to Shra for once because the rest of the ladies appreciate Mr. Fab Abs too.

Posted by Jo | Report as abusive

Now, Robert, I am concerned about your sense of balance here: when it’s about nice looking ladies not only we don’t get a reprise but we get white bands across the interesting bits; when it’s about nice looking lads, ladies get double helpings…And, needless to say, most of your nice looking ladies are normally featured in zombie attires and make-up and other forms of un-flattering clothing and fashion.Am I detecting some form of bias in your postings? Is this another manifestation of your belonging to the White Hat conspiracy?

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Oh M, have you already forgotten this blog photo from 2006?http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enou gh/2006/06/16/one-for-the-world-cup-fans  /

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Basler, you have been redeemed in the eyes of your female readers… To continue climbing up the ladder, please post more pics… ;)

It’s a two-way street, Shra… Start sharing this stuff with your friends, with Digg, Newsvine, Fark and the biggest e-mail address lists you can find. Then I’ll post more pix.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Ouch! That feels like a kind of extortion. Gee Shra, you must really have some wasta, but I think you’re being easy if you sell out for a couple of Pakistani model ab shots.Shra, still waiting on the new address for your Prozac – the last delivery to General Delivery, Buzzard Snot, TN, got returned to sender. I don’t understand….

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

Let me just say this, Dave and Cam and M – If you tune into my blog first thing in the morning – the U.S. morning – you may be very happy with the content. Shra and LMR, you may as well sleep in…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I want to bite the guy in the second photo.I keep shaking my head and remembering that he’s not a piece of meat, but I keep going back and wondering what it would be like to bite him.Bob, if I’m still sleeping at first thing US morning, there’s a big problem.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Geeez! Such excitement over man boobs! Ida never thunk it.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

LMR, high five, girl!!

Dave, I am not partial to Pakistani models… I am partial to all those guys who have fab abs… and are good looking… they could be of any ethnicity… like the butt ones… now that was goooooooooood stuff!Try sending them to the General Delivery, Haunted City, Scotland…

I just want to point out how hypocritical it is that it is acceptable for me to say that I want to bite a guy, but if a guy said the same thing about a female model, it would be completely sexist.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

(I still want to bite him though.)

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

LMR, I think it’s not only hypocritical; it’s probably also self-preserving: if you try and bit one of those female models you’ll probably break a teeth or three!

Posted by M | Report as abusive