Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

No room for a legume?

November 19, 2009

Well fashion fans, it won’t be long now. It’s the evening of the big Victoria’s Secret annual holiday fashion show. I mean, most of YOU won’t see it today, because it won’t be aired for a couple of weeks, but we’ll have lots of still photos for you and if you flip through them real fast, it’s just like being there.

Meanwhile, the models have to finish getting prepared for the show.

Here, one of them is seen loading up on the six and a half calories she gets every day. I can’t quite tell what this slop is, but it’s not fried onion rings and doughnuts, I’ll tell you that.

If you look at the bottom edge of her plate, it looks as though she has scooted some kind of bean away from the rest of the food. No telling what kind of damage a bean can do.

Or maybe it’s just that she can’t quite lift it to her mouth.

Come back tomorrow, for full coverage.

Model Caroline Winberg eats backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York November 19, 2009.┬áREUTERS/Carlo Allegri

Comments

Robert, you should be aware of this as an astute observer of of the world of fashion models: if she eats that bean, she’ll immediately have to purge.

Posted by JavaJ | Report as abusive

And Robert, if she does eat that bean and does not immediately purge, she will gain 1/2 oz. ( or 10%) of her body weight and will have to kill herself (I think that is the rule).

Posted by JavaJ | Report as abusive

Or she has to kill the person who put the bean on her plate, I’m not sure – I don’t have my rule book handy.

Posted by JavaJ | Report as abusive

Or maybe she has to kill the person who put the bean on her plate, I’m not sure. I don’t have my rule book handy.

Posted by JavaJ | Report as abusive

JavaJ… you need meds.. Pronto!!

JavaJ, am happy to share some of my meds anytime…

Posted by M | Report as abusive

JavaJ, wait… take that back! Robert can send you some, but I am NOT sharing mine; not after the white hat conspiracy started getting into Barry Manilow torture techniques… What will it be after that?? Accordion polka??? NURSE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

No, if she eats the bean, she might get gas and get bloated, her life will surely be over then.

Posted by BuckyJ | Report as abusive

Full coverage? Its a Victoria Secret show we’re talking about aren’t we?

Posted by Dr. N | Report as abusive

She’s going to carry the bean home in a doggy bag, for tomorrow’s dinner.

Posted by some guy | Report as abusive

Hi RobertThank you very much for the hilarity, smiles and cheer you bring. I especially like your mocking of the fashion world. It’s a crazy world we are living in.Merry Christmas in advance since that’s your favourite festive season.

Posted by Caleb | Report as abusive

Thanks for the kind words, Caleb, and happy holidays to you, too. Please come back often, and bring your friends.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive