Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Get naked for the hokey pokey!

November 21, 2009

Blog Guy, help settle an argument with my wife. What’s the most popular dance? I say it’s the tango, but she says it’s the samba. So? So? Which is it?

You’re both wrong. It’s the naked hokey pokey. Haven’t you noticed the proliferation of naked hokey pokey dance clubs and cable shows?  Where do you live, Wyoming?

I think I would know about something like that. How did this craze get started, anyway?

Think about it. If you’re dressed, there are limits to the body parts you can put in and out and shake them all about. But if you get buck-naked, it adds, uh, variety.

Blog Guy, are you totally out of you mind?

Well sure, but that’s a different topic. Are we done with the naked hokey pokey?

Men undergo a medical examination for the People’s Liberation Army land forces in Zhaoping county, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region November 20, 2009.  REUTERS/China Daily

Dancers perform during a dress rehearsal of the tango musical Tanguera at Berlin’s Staatsoper, July 9, 2009. REUTERS/Thomas Peter

Comments

how you got “naked hokey pokey” from a medical examinationthe world may never know

Posted by Name | Report as abusive

Does it, or does it not look like those guys are doing the hokey pokey?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Yes, it does look like they are doing some kind of line dance. I still don’t understand why you can show bare male butts and not bare female butts? C’mon BG, hook a brother up?

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

Hey Dave, so you’re in Kabul, right? I’d love to increase my readership in that part of the world. You know anybody in the Taliban? I’m thinking they must need entertainment, so maybe they could put me on their blog roll or something.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

there were bare female butts one of these blogs about nudists going shopping

Posted by Name | Report as abusive

Somebody’s not playing nice: the boy by the middle window has his pants on…

Posted by Annabelle | Report as abusive

Uh, sure BG, you know how these Talib really love entertainment…I’m sure all we need to do is increase your social media marketing exposure, maybe a billboard or two, get you a little higher on Google, and you’ll be in there. My buddy Habibullah is an IM guru, he’ll be glad to hook you up with the latest in Taliban SEO techniques. He can have you at the top of every cave list in no time.

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

That’s great, Dave! Please tell them I also give entertaining PowerPoint presentations, if they have a cave with electricity.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

hokey pokey !?here in the uk that song has always been called the hokey cokey – wonder how the americans came to change that around?

Posted by alan lovedog | Report as abusive

Traditionally don’t participants in the Hokey Pokey stand in a circle, hence the putting of the body part ‘in’ or ‘out’ of the circle. And then during the ‘WOAH the Hokey Pokey’ part, they grab hands and run into the middle?Get me a photo of naked men doing THAT and I’ll REALLY be impressed.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Sorry I thought is was about Hockey Pokey a subject I try to straighten out at http://floorballcentral.blogspot.com/Hoc key pokey to me is blades made out of foam, that is so depriving and used in too many US schools

is any them males greeks?

Posted by bodingus | Report as abusive

now that end guy closest to us in the picture look like he have a ,,uh,,uh,,,an errection?

This is just so NOT a part of a medical exam. They don’t even do this in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts.

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

I am sure that naked hokey pokey would be incredibly popular on some of the beaches in southern France… namely the ones with ‘naturists’, although I’m not sure those are the ones LMR has in mind…

Posted by M | Report as abusive

For the third time:While supposedly espousing a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy, the military employs trickery when determinig who is straight and who is not.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Boy, sure missed this one!!!!!! Basler, you are goooooooood!

Thanks, Shra… Don’t just keep it to yourself, share it with others…. Are there people you don’t like? You can irritate the hell out of them by sending them my stuff…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

He he he he…. Am already doing so… and getting death threats in return… so, lying low for now… gonna try stealth techniques soon… ;)

Would love to find a bunch of woman in Ohio to do a nked hokey pokey in front of! lol

Posted by treehugginguy@gmail.com | Report as abusive