More gratuitous Victoria’s Secret shots?

November 22, 2009

Blog Guy, don’t get me wrong. I love the fact that you post fresh stuff on Saturdays and Sundays, and I enjoyed learning about balloon animal makers and naked hokey pokey this weekend.

Thanks. But?

Well, I thought maybe if you used a few more gratuitous photos from the big Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York it might artificially pump up your weekend numbers. I know it’s a cheap trick, but times are hard.

Indeed. I take your point, stranger. Three fresh photos from the big show, and I’ll throw in tags like lingerie and models and fashion and stuff like that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Um, Blog Guy, this isn’t exactly what I had in… oh, never mind….

Left: Actor Kyle MacLauglin arrives for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York, November 19, 2009.

Center: Actor Jeremy Sisto arrives for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

Right: Sir Richard Branson, founder and president of Britain’s Virgin Group, arrives for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

REUTERS photos by Carlo Allegri

now that’s some false advertising

Posted by Name | Report as abusive

Social comments and analytics for this post…This post was mentioned on Twitter by rbasler: Even more gratuitous Victoria’s Secret shots? http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 09/11/22/more-gratuitous-victorias-secre t-shots/…

Yes, Mr Rob,I am still hanging on your every word.Does that put me into the slot one of your top ten viewers?

Posted by tim | Report as abusive

I’m pretty sure that it does Tim, given that BG only has ten viewers.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Okay LMR, you’re out….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bob, you are one mean bastard. I saw your title and clicked that link so fast. Oh, man!

Posted by T | Report as abusive

Out of what? Time? Money? The closet? All of the above?Out of the top 10? I don’t think I was ever IN the top 10. I’m not a viewer, I’m a STALKER. There’s a difference. If you’re doing a list of BG’s top 10 stalkers, I’m right up there.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

OK, I’ll say what everyone is thinking and doesn’t have the guts to say. Branson is HOT!

Wrong, BG, that’s just plain wrong. I have to agree with T.

Posted by Dave | Report as abusive

Hear, hear, LMR!!

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

And I thought you could only get Kyle Maclaughlin’s expression from Xanax…Robert, you’d save a lot of money on meds if you sent me, instead, tickets to the next Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show… please?

Posted by M | Report as abusive

I don’t know how the rest of you feel but these guys just look creepy. No one should leer at women like that… Well except me of course, but I’m sure that goes without saying…

What? No photo of Ray Geheimer arriving in his antique Elgin?? Tsk, tsk, Bad Cat!

Posted by sparkler dust | Report as abusive

Bad Cat! Imagine seeing you here! You haven’t yet put away this Smead?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

[...] Oddly Enough » Blog Archive » More gratuitous Victoria's Secret … [...]

[...] Oddly Enough » Blog Archive » More gratuitous Victoria’s Secret … [...]

I can understand Branson being there… hey, what about Hefner?? Wasnt he there???