Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Abbey a rough Road to Ho Ho Ho

December 2, 2009

Blog Guy, you’ve written a lot about tribute bands imitating The Beatles’ great Abbey Road album and its iconic cover. I’m hearing rumors of a newly discovered Christmas version of the album the group did 40 years ago.

It’s true, right down to a Santa cover and jolly holiday versions of each song.

I’m not sure I like this, Blog Guy. My favorite song ever is “Here Comes the Sun.”

Oh, that’s now “Here Comes the Sleigh.” Ringo sings it.

Ouch. What are some other so-called holiday titles?

“Claus, You Gotta Carry that Weight,” “He Came in Down the Bathroom Chimney”…

Stop! This is too stupid! So they’ve even messed with the medley?

Yep: “You never give me your money, you only give me those Starbuck’s gift cards…”

Wait a minute. They didn’t even HAVE Starbuck’s when The Beatles broke up!

Busted. But you were already trying to order the CD on Amazon, weren’t you? And besides, there WAS this

Volunteers dressed as Santa Claus march through midtown Manhattan during the 107th Annual Parade of Sidewalk Santas in New York November 27, 2009. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

The Beatles, “Abbey Road”

Comments

Hey Jude, don’t make it badTake a Santa song, and make it betterRemember to let him into your homeBut first, you must write him a letter

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Very nice, LMR! I’ll ignore the fact that this song wasn’t on Abbey Road….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Look, I’m a child of the 80′s. You’re lucky I know any Beatles songs at all. I did have to sing Yellow Submarine and Octopus’ Garden in choir, but that’s about it.

Posted by Little Miss Random | Report as abusive

Thats a pretty funny blogpost. You really had me going for a second and I was beginning to question whether I was a true Beatles fan. Thanks for sharing. I found your blog while searching for something.

Since its relevant here and you might find it fun/useful. I also wanted to give a plug for a site Ive been working on that helps people share songs with their friends.

http://www.myradeo.com Its free, easy and there’s no account signup. Login with Facebook. Check it out if you get a chance. Share some songs. Hope you like it. Thanks!

Posted by oaneto | Report as abusive

Well Little Miss Random, that explains a lot. As big an influence on the music world as the Beatles were your frame of reference is skewed by knowing only songs sung by Ringo.

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

I always forget which songs are Beatle songs… Though they all looked pretty neat when they looked almost the same… :P