Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Feel like carry-out from Earth tonight, honey?

December 9, 2009

I have great news, my fellow Neptunians! Our intelligence agents tell us that after  more than 50 years of service, Britain’s Defence Ministry has shut down its UFO investigation unit, saying it can no longer justify the cost.

ufo combo 500

The Ministry said such investigations are an “inappropriate” use of resources, which are needed instead for the war in Afghanistan. I swear I am not making this up, fellow Neptunians.

The Ministry said if it stops looking for us, it will save $73,000 a year. This is about 14 flopwaps, enough to buy a large Frozen Methane Gulp down at our 7-Eleven!

This news of course means that now, after being patient for thousands of years, we are finally free to land on Earth and eat everyone alive.

Buckle up and bring your appetites, fellow Neptunians. First stop, Britain!

ufo constumes 400

What, like you’ve got other stuff to do? Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top left: Mexico City residents stop in their tracks to look up at unidentified objects flying over the capital in a 2000 file photo. TV stations showed the objects were in fact probably silvery helium filled balloons. REUTERS/Heriberto Rodriguez

Top right: Unidentified object flies over Mexico City, seen through a very long telephoto lens, in 2000 file photo. REUTERS/Henry Romero

Bottom: Attendees dressed as alien space characters arrive for a special VIP party for the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle, in a 2004 file photo. REUTERS/Robert Sorbo

Comments

Thank you for the welcome.
Just wanted to say I am so glad you brought back the Little sites on the right side! It’s great to be able to re-visit them! And I like you very much, “Oddly Enough”!

Posted by fuzzy | Report as abusive

Wow! The dollar to flopwap exchange rate is really quite good right now. For 14 flopwaps a year, I’d be tickled to help the British Defence Ministry hunt aliens. Where do I apply?

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Well… I was gonna say something eally witty.. but I guess the methane got to me… I am going back to bed…

And moreover, I could have sworn that the people in the first pic are part of an Indian soap…

uncarastus? What kind of name is that? Sounds like an Neptunian name to me. No wonder you know so much about them.

Sign me, ‘CAM the just’. Please don’t click the ‘Report as abusive’ link on me, thanks!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Somebody thinks you are abusive, Cam? Fie!!

Shra,

Thanks but, that was just a preemptive thought. Fie … kewl word. More doughnuts, please.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Well, just a by product of staying in the Queen’s land, you see…

Unca Rastus, quite right. Good blether, all.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Am I reading tim, Shra and CAM making sense and being educated, articulated and quoting Shakespeare…? Is it just me or is there something wrong in this picture?

I guess the White Hat conspiracy already got to you? Or is this a secondary effect of Robert’s Med Doughnuts?

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

I used to own a Camry,But It has been recalled now.