Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Sing it LOUD, George!

December 11, 2009

Blog Guy, I want to get in on that fantasy service you have for readers. Got any money left in this year’s budget?

Yeah, but it’s going fast. what do you want? Hurry up!

clooney sings 500

Um, um, okay, I wanna see actor George Clooney singing that Carley Simon classic “You’re So Vain.” Can you arrange that?

Sure thing. Here you go, ma’am.

Wait a minute. That’s just a picture. There’s no sound with it. This is bogus!

You just said you wanted to “see” it. Look, I feel badly about this misunderstanding, so you can have one more fantasy wish. How about, let’s see, Michelle Obama in a viking outfit, eating a turkey drumstick?

Who cares about that? I’d sooner see Santa Claus kissing a python snake!

Bingo! Here’s your second wish. Have a happy holiday! Next?

Get a clue.  Join the Oddly Enough blog network

santa python 460

Actor George Clooney pretends to hit a high note on stage after singer Tony Bennett performed at the UNICEF Ball honoring producer Jerry Weintraub in Beverly Hills, California December 10, 2009. REUTERS/Fred Prouser

Owner of the Malabon Zoo Manny Tangko kisses a Burmese python during a Christmas event inside the zoo, in metro Manila December 9, 2009.  REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco

Comments

Bob… the previous blog has gone kaput again for comments… you have no idea how many times I check the site for updates… days in the office are soooooooo boring… esp during xmas…. say, you got any pics of Richard Gere from Chicago? :P

Okay, it’s open for comments again. Sorry about that. This new tool has a mind of its own…. Go wild.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Don’t get me started on the new tool, Robert. The previous simple but effective mechanism worked wonders, while this new one…

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Yeah, the previous one was a mechanism. The new one is just a tool.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Isn’t that guy who is kissing the snake former Philippine President Joseph Estrada from the Dec 3 blog?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Santa baby, slip a python under the tree, for me
I’ve been an awful good girl this year
Santa Baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight!

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

I gotta stop looking at this blog when my boss is in the office…I laugh too much!! A python in a Santa Hat? I love it!

But snickering at my monitor all the time is not very professional is it?

:blush:

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Hey E, that’s how we all work… all of us have Ucontrolled giggling syndrome… and this occurs anytime. Either when we are reading BG’s blog, or when we are thinking about it.. :P