Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Which half of ‘em is naked?

December 13, 2009

naked run combo 520

Okay, I’ve got another small quibble with our photo captions. The actual caption for the pictures you see here begins, “People take part in a half naked “Santa run…”

While it is true that most of them are not wearing shirts or pants, I don’t see anybody I’d call “half naked.” I just see people who aren’t fully clothed.

What I’m saying here is, if I were to ask a woman if she wanted to come over to my house and “get half naked,” and she said, “You bet, Blog Guy!” then I’d expect something different than this. And by the way, I have trade-marked that pick-up line.

I’m worried that my blog may be exposed, so to speak, if some fancy-pants lawyer decides to sue us on behalf of people who Google the phrase “half naked” and wind up finding these.

I’d like to go finish my glass of water now, but I can’t decide if it’s half full or half empty.

naked run 440

Live life to the fullest! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

People take part in a half naked “Santa run” in Budapest, December 6, 2009. REUTERS/Laszlo Balogh

Comments

No is that Mrs. Claus with her breasts exposed hanging from that bra or is that Mr. Claus with his pants lowered, exposing himself for all to see?

Either way, one of them would be half nekkid….

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I wasn’t expecting that closeup in the 2nd shot….that’s all I’ll say

Posted by SkimpyDog | Report as abusive

“Some people think of the glass as half full. Some people think of the glass as half empty. I think of the glass as too big”
that would be great if people Google the phrase “half naked” and find this.. By the way in Turkey everybody wears red knickers at new year’s eve just before 00:00.. Its suppose to bring good luck. I think it’s same over there too.. I dont know

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

People dont feel cold in Budapest? Its freeezing out here!! If it doesnt snow soon, this cold is not justified… Winter or not!! And Tim, I didnt get a word you said…. sorry, wrote…

MUGS!

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

a google search for “half naked” actually shows this article

Posted by SkimpyDog | Report as abusive

Measure the actual surface area of exposed flesh, and compare it to that which is concealed by garment, and you get a bikini-clad beauty who is substantially greater than Half of nakedness.
In the case of this photo, not-so-much. They must remove their capes or remain less than half naked.
The Twins look great though, all mathematics and semantics aside!

Posted by DNGLHPPR | Report as abusive

Verry sweet… there is a 60 yr old lady who sits next to me at work… I opened this page and she gasped… I dont understnad who needs to be embarrassed.. Me, for opening this page at work… or she, for looking at my screen for no reason at all!!!

Shra, the woman should be embarrassed for not being a reader of this blog, and you should be embarrassed for not doing enough to spread it around your workplace.

Remember what they say, friends don’t let friends not read this blog.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bob,she is definitely not a friend… and I realised, I enjoy scandalising her…

There’s a glass?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

It’s all about the mugs, eh Little Miss Random?

Posted by ZetaJones | Report as abusive