Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Honey, your torch is out on the porch!

December 14, 2009

Blog Guy, a lot of times I hear politicians talk about the “torch-bearing peasants” to describe the mob mentality. They don’t really have those any more, do they?

Good question. Actually, torch mobs seem to be making a comeback, as you can see in these recent photos of people protesting something, somewhere.

torch 2 this 500

Awesome! Where do you even get torches in this day and age?

Look around. Torch technology has progressed considerably since the days when the rabble went after Dr. Frankenstein and the Salem witches and stuff.

Now you’ve got big companies marketing them, with popular brands like the “Flambeau Joe” and the “Scorch ‘n’ Torch 3000″….

The torches you see in these photos are medium-priced models. Interestingly, these guys didn’t go for any of the optional safety features.

So what does that mean?

Well, it pretty much means nobody in this mob will need worry about excessive facial hair.

KASHMIR

Get off the sofa and join the Oddly Enough blog network

Activists of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), a Kashmiri separatist party, hold torches during a procession to mark World Human Rights Day in Srinagar December 10, 2009. A torchlight procession was held to protest against what the JKLF say are human rights violations by the Indian security forces on Kashmiris. JKLF, which declared a ceasefire in 1994 against Indian security forces, says it leads a political struggle for Kashmir’s complete independence both from India and Pakistan, who claim the region in full but rule in parts. REUTERS/Fayaz Kabli

Comments

There are going to be more torches,in this part of the world,towards the end of the year… Are you sure there is no other safer way for the guys to get rid of their facial hair, BG?

Shra, it’s a shame you’re not going to be around the office for another couple of hours. You’d really have something to show your colleague. I’m not saying anything else….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Are you kidding me Basler? I am a slave machine.. glued to my little DELL laptop… am here for the next 4 hours… bring it on… I would glue the little lady to her chair, if I have to… (rubbing my hands in a very witch-like manner)

I wanna roast marshmallows now!

I’m stuck at my desk for another….3 hours and a bit. I need more things to snicker at and giggle about!

Shra, misery loves company eh? Wanna snack on some meds with me while the marshmallows toast?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Anytime E!! Sy, watcha gotta in your med box today?
And love roasted marshmallows!! Yuummm…. maybe I should roast some marshmallows… :P

Two-minute warning until the next posting. Just enough time to cut and paste your whole address book, so you can annoy those close to you….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

You know what would have been better? If they’d been fire twirling.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive