Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Presenting his Royal Highness, King Keebler!

December 14, 2009

Blog Guy, I’m amazed at how many world leaders President Barack Obama has met in his first year in office! Who’s the latest?

I believe yesterday the Obamas welcomed the King and Queen of Keebler Forest to Washington, DC.  We have some photos of the event.

USA/OBAMA

Are you on drugs? There’s so much wrong with this, I don’t even know where to begin. How do you know they’re the King and Queen?

Because Obama bowed to them. We all recognize that bow.

But is Keebler Forest an actual country? What do we get from them?

Only 68 percent of our supply of chocolate-covered grahams, for starters. You think the President wants to see that disrupted?

Now STOP this, Blog Guy! Read your own caption! Those are just CHILDREN!

Did I say King? I meant, Prince and Princess Keebler. My bad….

elves bottom 500 this

Impress your boss! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama greet children as they attend the Christmas in Washington Celebration at the National Building Museum, December 13, 2009. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas

Bottom left: U.S. President Barack Obama is greeted by Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko upon arrival at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo November 14, 2009.  REUTERS/Jim Young

Comments

Hey, Bob, I see in your profile you produce a humor blog. Where can we find that? ;)

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

T54 needs to get to Keebler Forest… whose driving?
Sorry, T54, am running low on my meds… Happy Holidays!!

Look at President Barack Obama with Mr. Akihito, look how they greeted each other. Mr. Akihito used western style to greet the president while the president himself used “combo” (western and japanesse style) haha…

Posted by Yoshua | Report as abusive

Uncarastus, I do also produce a humor blog, but I don’t share it with anyone. You think I should?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

You suppose I could get me some of those Keebler forest elf shoes?

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Yup… I think I could stand it…
LMR, if they lose the red glowing blobs, i would like the shoes… tey are a kind of give-away… dontcha think?

Our work Christmas party wasn’t nearly so posh :)) No elves in sight! Still, I think Keebler cookies covered in chocolate and dusted with a light layer of prozac would have made it soooo much better!

On a side note…’Impress your boss, join the Oddly Enough blog network’….would sooooo not impress my boss! He’s a stickler for staff actually working. Go figure! :D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, tell your boss that you would actually work if you read this blog… it stimulates your brain cells.. :)

Most bosses do approve of employees reading my blog. In some work places it’s mandatory, and there’s a quiz at the end of the day.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Well I could tell him that keeping up on world events is all part of the job. Think he would buy it?

You’re right though, my brain cells have never been so active! :P

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I’ve been reading for months…posting for about week :P (Feels like a lifetime dunnit?)

No drool yet but I’m getting good at looking like I’m hard at work ;)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I remember back when I started posting…years ago that it was. I believe it was the fashion that reeled me in. Or maybe, it was that dude riding on top of the bus in some South American country. Wasn’t he on a pole or something? Ah…memories…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive