Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Heartwarming holiday story restores my faith in man…

December 16, 2009

Blog Guy, I recall from earlier years that you suffer from a serious problem at Christmas?

Yes, I have too much holiday spirit. It makes me giddy, and I’m no good until something brings me back down to earth, like a very special seasonal story. You know the recent attack on Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, where a guy threw a souvenir statuette that broke two of his teeth and gashed his lip.

berlusconi duomo combo 500

Don’t tell me THAT is the special story?

Of course not. The special thing is that souvenir sellers in Milan now report increased sales of statuettes like the one that hit Berlusconi, making it one of this year’s most popular Christmas gifts.

No way. Shoppers are flocking to buy copies of the thing that injured a world leader?

Touching, isn’t it?

Wow. People really, really, really suck, don’t they, Blog Guy?

They do indeed. Of course, I do have a lot of friends in  our Milan bureau, and this makes it much easier for them to choose my Christmas gift this year.

WEATHER

Be moderately cool. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top left: Blood covers part of the face of Italy’s Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi after he was attacked in downtown Milan December 13, 2009. REUTERS/Livio Anticoli/Italian Prime Minister’s Press Office/Handout

Top right: A statuette of Milan’s Duomo gothic cathedral, similar to the one which hit Berlusconi. REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo

Bottom: Italians walk through the snow-covered piazza in front of the Duomo cathedral in central Milan in a 2006 file photo. REUTERS/Loris Savino

Comments

And I thought I-talians are forgiving Christians… with the Vatican right there in the country… preaching the goodness of the faith….
Ok, this is dangerous… I am actually beginning to think after reading the blog…. NOT good,I say….

Am I the only one that notices the green-eyed demon standing behind that dude?

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

namaste Tim…. K, very astute observation… to think i should be noticing Paranormal beings after watching a similar movie yesterday… but then, maybe my meds are waning off…
LMR, where art thou, girl???

Shra, LMR, it’s worth checking the blog again in an hour or so. I can say nothing more at this time.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

It’s okay, I’m here. BG let me out for a little while to play, but soon I’ll be back in the padded cell with nothing to play with but my blessed Prozac.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Two front teef…. Twisted but still funny, Unca….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

BG, let her go this instant.. or else… Tim would leave George on you… and you wouldnt be able to rest your butt for all of christmas!

LMR, does he at least feed you some of his special doughnuts, like the Blueberry cream sprinkled with Xanax, or the Chocolate-filled sprinkled with Prozac? Those were especially good ones I remember… at least, I think I do… I AM a bit numb lately… what was I saying?

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

who is LMR? what happened to guy who threw that thing at him?

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

Caglar… you really need to be around often… and you need to read the comments too…