But one of those guys IS the pope, right?

December 25, 2009

Blog Guy, I was stunned by the attack on Pope Benedict by a woman at the start of his Christmas Eve mass. Can you explain exactly what happened?

pope woman 490

Yes. Through detailed scientific computer analysis of individual video frame grabs, you can see every detail. One of the clergy turned into a hideous, hollow-eyed goat’s head, then there was a flash of red, and then two men in chef’s hats ran in.

I think you’re just making up that crap, Blog Guy. Your analysis is totally worthless. How are we ever going to know what happened?

Well, you could just watch the video clip, which isn’t bad. That’s what I did.

Sigh. You couldn’t have suggested that to begin with?

Yeah, but I get paid by the word.

pope woman blurry combo490

Do it for Mom. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A woman (R), dressed in a red top, jumps over a barricade and hurls herself against Pope Benedict who fell to the marble floor at the start of his Christmas Eve mass in St. Peter’s Basilica in this television frame grab December 24, 2009. REUTERS/RAI via Reuters TV

The Pope is floored… and got back up again. Could this be his first miracle? I never knew Benedict had such passionate followers. Or are we witnessing the beginning of a new sport: Pope-jumping?

Posted by nethervoice | Report as abusive

I know this is supposed to be a humurous blog, but it’s not anything more than offensive, infantile, and stupid. Perfect for image reuters, no? Basically if you wrote something like this about any other ethnic or religious group you would be out of a job. Go ahead, write something offensive about African Americans after extracting some frames from a badly compressed video of President Obama. C’mon, dooooo iiiittttttt. Merry Christmas.

Posted by saa2009 | Report as abusive

Hey thanks, merry Christmas to you, too…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Actually, if ANYONE could get away with it, it would be Robert. DON’T YOU DOUBT IT! Eat them for lunch Robert! Merry Christmas! :)

Posted by YukiEiri | Report as abusive

[...] here to see the original: But one of those guys IS the pope, right? | Analysis & Opinion … By admin | category: report analysis | tags: fixed-some, get-latest, household-name, [...]

Imma let you finish, but did you see Beyonce finally got to meet the Pope?

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

At the final White Hat meeting of the year, an off-her-medication Reuters Blog reader, known only as “Shra” attempts to steal the Pope’s shoes….

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

LMAO sooo why did she do it??

Posted by volatilemzamie | Report as abusive

Jeez.. that was some crowd there… Bill… that red coated monster beat me to it…. I just gotta glimpse… sighh…. Happy holidays!!!

My bad, I thought that was you in red!

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Well, in ordinary day to day circumstances, I am in red… just waiting to hear that song, “Lady in red” in the background, when I pass through some place… and watch good looking guys turn and preen to see who’s come… aahhhh…. me and my fantasies… sighh…..
Well, the Pope has ok shoes though….

Well if wasn’t you, then where is Little Miss Random? No word from her in days, and the report stated that the attacker was placed in an institution. Coincidence????

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Hey, saa2009 – He does poke fun at various ethnicities and religions, frequently.

I really hope Santa brought you a sense of humour for Christmas.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive