Manure couture: Top 10 worst women’s fashions

December 29, 2009

worst top combo 490

Readers say to me, “Bob, I know you cover crap fashion better than anybody. Are all dumb fashion creations equally bad, or is there an actual bottom of the barrel?”

My answer is, while we probably haven’t seen the bottom of the barrel yet, some stupid creations are certainly worse than others.

For one thing, you have to give designers credit if they are able to convey that they have absolutely no respect for women and are willing to degrade them in public. Surely that’s worth something!

So here is my 10 worst list for women in 2009, and we’ll see where we go from there in 2010.  Meanwhile, tomorrow I’ll have the men’s version.

UKRAINE/10. Two, four, six, eight, who do we emaciate!

9. The pipes, the pipes are calling…

8. Hey handsome, what’s your hat size?

7. Why are they saluting our models that way?

6. Does this make me look pudgy?

5. So she’s in a stable relationship?

4. Good job on the lipstick, Zippy!

3. Beside the bride in Naugahyde

2. Watch out! Number four is gonna blow!

1. You want me back in the shower, Mr. Hitchcock?

Do it for me. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

“You want me back in the shower, Mr. Hitchcock?” my favorite

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

Have you ever seen a fashion show?

Have you ever seen a fashion show…on weeeeeed?

Or possibly meth?

I dunno, I don’t do drugs. Which is possibly why I miss the point entirely.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nope… I am NOT commenting…

Why aren’t you commenting, Shra? Is it true that you own several of these outfits yourself?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

It’s all good … just relax, enjoy the ride.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

If your arms go in above the elbow, you have problems. Photographing these people must be like not being allowed to intervene when wildebeest are badly and need saving from the lions.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Nah CrowGirl, the photographers are the sadistic people who like to watch the wildebeest get eaten by the lions.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

[…] the original here:  Manure couture: Top 10 worst women's fashions | Analysis & Opinion … By admin | category: report analysis | tags: gives-current, hepatitis, household-name, […]

Posted by Manure couture: Top 10 worst women's fashions | Analysis & Opinion … Report Me | Report as abusive

Bob…. sorry to say, but unlike these models and their “designers”, i do have a fashion sense…. and I am quite good at it…

So who exactly wears these fashions? I live in NYC, the fashion capital of the world, and I never see any women walking down the street dressed as a plastic couch or with their shirts open and covered in fake blood. Is their any purpose to these shows other than to be as insane as possible so idiot fashion magazines put you on their cover?

Posted by Windmills | Report as abusive

Windy, there never is any sense to fashion shows… of course, the boys on this blog would absolutely BEG to differ when that comes to VS..