Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The last of the red-hot photo goof-fest!

December 31, 2009

Blog Guy, last week you kicked off your Best of 2009 lists with the five Goofiest Photos of the Year, remember?

I surely do remember, because immediately after I published it I thought of two more that deserved to be in that list, as well. One shows two world leaders having fun behind the wheel, and the other shows invading space goddesses getting their first look at Earthlings.

goofy gaddafi 490

But wait. Isn’t it your blog? Couldn’t you have the SEVEN Goofiest Photos of the Year?

You know, I really could! So readers, consider these two photos here to be really goofy shots that my photo editor was supposed to give me last week but she was like busy ordering carry-out Thai food or doing her nails or something.

Please come back tomorrow for my special Happy New Year edition.

goofy victoria 490

A slideshow of politicians behind the wheel

Top: Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez (R) drives Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s limousine as they arrive at an event in Margarita Island, September 28, 2009. REUTERS/Miraflores Palace/Handout

Bottom: A tourist poses next to Victoria’s Secret models following their appearance in New York’s Times Square to celebrate the return of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show to New York, November 18, 2009.  REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

Comments

That first pic looks like an idea for a sitcom. The title could be “The Dictator and the Nutjob,” but it’d be hard to figure out which is which.

Or maybe their singing along to some Britney Spears on the radio. Dictators love Britney.

What a long, strange roadtrip that would be…

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

Happy New Year RB and to the motley crew of contributors to the Oddly Enough Blog (you know who you are)!

I agree, what a long, strange trip it’s been.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Thanks, justCAM! BTW, does motley mean criminally insane?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

“Psst, hey tall skinny ckicks… I have something to tell you..”

“Hi there short little not as attractive as us girl, what’s up?”

“There is this invention a really smart scientist came up with recently that can really help with your appearance!”

“You don’t say tiny girl of common appearance? Well what would that invention be?”

“It’s called food! You comsume it through your mouth and it adds nutrients to your body letting it fill out, your breast become perky, and your hips look more normal! And this food stuff comes in all types.. there are hamburgers, tacos, steaks, all sorts of delicious stuff!”

(Laughing hysterically) “Oh dear sweet girl of only average height and not on the scale of good looks such as us, you see we are models! We must maintain our appearance of a ten year old boy with small breasts and a streamlined body! This food you speak of, let it be for people on the lower scale of society such as yourself! We consume our nutrients through ossmoses from products like L’Oreal, Maybelline, and the secret ingredient woven into the faboric of Victorias Secrets crossover bra! But thank you short woman, for giving us a hearty laugh today. Would you like us to autograph that hideous coat you are wearing?”

Of course that conversation would never happen. A model would not know what ossmoses is.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

BG, I think motley is a synonym for highly medicated and somewhat deranged, but not criminally insane. We leave that up to dictators.

Happy New Year!

By the way, do we get to call this decade the “Teens” right away? or does that start later? So confusing. Fortunately, I have plenty of liquid medication available.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

IFLY -

I’m not sure but the models might know that Ossmossis is the grey 10-year-old racehorse mentioned here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horsera cing/2310326/Injured-Ossmoses-out-of-Ain tree-picture.html

However, I’m sure they don’t know what osmosis is….

Posted by AZGeezer | Report as abusive

“A model would not know what ossmoses is.”

LOL @ Irony

Posted by drewbie | Report as abusive

Shuffling through the pages of Webster dictionary in my head, I believe motley stands for a hodge-podge of items of dis-similar qualities forming a group. Such as a motley crew. Or actually Motley Crew

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I know what it is, didn’t say I knew how to spell it. :op

Yeah…I walked into that one.

:::New Years resolution::: Will use spell check more often.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Unca…. are you talking to yourself again???

I thought it was more the voices inside your head, Unca… but if you say so, I guess the lithium kicked in nicely today.

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive