Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Happy New Year from Nicole Kidman and me!

January 1, 2010

Wow, Blog Guy, another year down the toilet. And what a goofy year it was.

I’ll say!  I was talking about that with my blog staff at our holiday party, which as you can see was quite a glamorous affair…

BRITAIN/

What do all those people on your staff do anyway, Blog Guy?

Lots of stuff. They scour the world for odd pictures and video and stories for me. I mean, what did you think, that junk just comes to me on some machine?

BRITAIN/Well, no….

As a result of their great teamwork, in 2009 this blog got more page views than ANY OTHER Reuters blog! And we have dozens of popular blogs, written by some really smart people like Felix Salmon and James Pethokoukis.

Salmon? Pethokoukis? You just made up those names, right?

Maybe, but the part about me getting the most page views is true. And a Facebook Blog Network with more than 5,000 members, too.

Blog Guy, I don’t believe that’s your actual staff in this photo. I happen to recognize Nicole Kidman….

What, you know Nicky, my photo editor? Small world. I guess she has a life outside the office, too, and good for her! Happy New Year, gang! Be on time Monday morning…

BRITAIN/

Happy New Year! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, Nicole Kidman, director Rob Marshall, Penelope Cruz and Kate Hudson arrive for the world premiere of “Nine” in London, December 3, 2009. REUTERS/Kevin Coombs

Comments

Happy new year, Blog guy!

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

It’s a bright and shiny new year. Here’s wishing prosperity to all the Blog Guy fans out there, and of course, BG himself.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

A lovely sentiment, Dave, and the same to you and yours….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Happy new year, Bob! As you can see, I survived the evening!

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

Thanks, Unca. I don’t think of them as fans – more like just people who don’t know any better….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

As my Nanna used to say ‘Happy New Ears’ to everyone!

I’ve been locked up at the institution commonly known as ‘my parent’s house’ for the past week or so, with no connection to the universe. But today I have sneaked onto the computer and am catching up on the news.

It wasn’t me that tackled the Pope. Just so you know.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Thank goodness Little Miss Random. We were looking forward to your mug shot.

Happy New Year to all, even KWest.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

“in 2009 this blog got more page views than ANY OTHER Reuters blog!” Ooh, THAT must make you popular… :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

happy healthy new year with healthy happy people and lots of fun.. by the way why Nicole Kidman? James and Felix.. hmmm

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

Bob!!!!!!!!!!! What’s wrong with this picture??????
Happy New Year, tho, Bobby! Muaaaaaaah! and to everyone else too!! Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
There, that does me… the 4th bottle of Russian Standard!!

how tall is Ms.Kidman?

Shra, it’s not very well known, but she’s 7’4″.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

It looks as if Kate Hudson is stealing pillows.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Hmm…. she is quite tall… I like her shoes… I cant see Penelope’s and Judy’s shoes… and I think we have seen Kate’s outfit in another blog… I remember the shoes…