Life in the presidential fast lane…

January 2, 2010

Blog Guy, I read that President Barack Obama is on vacation in Hawaii. But I guess if you’re the President, you’re still busy all the time. I mean, the pressure, the demands. What did he do yesterday, for example?

shaved ice combo 490

Let me access his schedule. Um, it looks like the big project for yesterday was “decide on shaved ice.”

Gotcha. So that’s like a code phrase for some big decision on polar icecap melting or something?

shaved ice verticalNo, Obama just went out with his daughter and some friends and ordered shaved ice. You have to understand, there’s a slower pace in Hawaii.

As you can see in these photos, you’ve got to study the menu, think about it awhile, then study some more, all the while wearing sunglasses.

How long did this whole process take?

I believe about four and a half hours, start to finish.

Jeez. And what about today?

Um, the schedule says, “Pick up shells on the beach, eight hours.” Well there’s his whole day shot, right there…

Show some spine! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

President Barack Obama orders “shaved ice” with his daughter Sasha and family friends at Island Snow Hawaii while on Christmas vacation in Kailua, Hawaii, January 1, 2010. REUTERS photos by Hugh Gentry

How can you constantly make fun of the greatest president since Ben Franklin?

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

I agree with T54 – I don’t see a name for who wrote this stuff – BUT I for one am VERY GLAD that President Obama is taking this break and enjoying time with Sasha and Malia and ordering shaved ice!!! YEAH…he deserves a break as much as the rest of us do – AND in fact he deserves a break MORE than the rest of us do!!! I bet that his staff, the Prez and First Lady have logged more hours in their ‘almost’ one year in office – than W. did in his Whole First Term!

Posted by rbarry13 | Report as abusive

I know that is writer is trying to make something humorous out of this story – but I for ONE am VERY GLAD that the President and his family are in Hawaii and enjoying time together and away from the stress of the Oval Office. I know that he and his staff (and Michelle, too) have logged more time in their ‘almost’ one year than W. probably did in his whole first term!!!

Posted by rbarry13 | Report as abusive

This is getting redundant and repetitive over and over again.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

This is getting redundant and repetitive over and over again. Ben Franklin, ha!

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

It is redundant and repetitive because this takes so long to actually post?!?
And President Obama is doing a Great Job! HA to you bill

Posted by rbarry13 | Report as abusive

very good citizen rbarry keep up the standardized response and you will not be hanged (starship trooper ref)… in any case yes the presidnet is a man with a family and days out are precicous dad daughter dates are needed any time they can be done. The lame dig at a former president is just that lame….. get over it!!!! The big O hasn’t had it easy but has not had to deal with a major incident. Then again that is what he signed up for in the job of president

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

Good catch, Billl.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Ben Franklin liked rainbow ices, he told me so. We used to fly kites together.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Indeed, Enjoy the Time off! It is pretty obvious Obama is a one term Prez., So Who really cares? Let Him enjoy Himself, for crying out loud.

Posted by EddieBrown | Report as abusive

You bet I do! Nothing more entertaining than the comedy show We call politics. I mean really, What circus has more clowns doing(Or trying to do) things that make us laugh???

Posted by EddieBrown | Report as abusive

Gonna have to stop coming here if it’s going to get all serious and debate like.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Trust me, LMR, if that happens I’ll stop coming here, too…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

BG, you know what my main gripe is? Sure, not everyone has the same sense of humour, and that’s fine. I don’t find Funniest Home Videos funny, but it’s still one of the most popular programs on TV.

But why do people feel the need to comment negatively on it? Why not just breathe, take a step back and say ‘you know what, this isn’t my kind of thing, but that’s okay’.

Do people REALLY think that they’re going to change your opinion or the way you see the world or write the blog by their nasty little comments? Do they think that by airing their dirty laundry they’re going to stop those of us who DO enjoy the blog from coming back?

What EXACTLY do they think they’re accomplishing?

It really gets my goat, it does. Well it would, if I had a goat.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Thanks, LMR… Your goat and I appreciate that very much…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

It is the very good citizen – rbarry13 again…Was that a dish or something…thanks I am a good citizen…and what you said is LAME – AWchoo or whatever your name is.
You can’t spell and everyone knows how many days off W. took…look it up. As for the Big O not having any major incident to deal with…wt-…fill in the rest…he has had to deal with the kitchen sink FCS! And the ONE incident that you must mean that W had to deal with…WOW we know just how well he did deal with it?!?

Posted by rbarry13 | Report as abusive

Maybe if we ignore it it will go away…

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

LMR – Send me your address, I’ll mail you a goat as soon as I get back to my cave in Kabul.

BG, is it possible for you to set up a comment checker that detects serious comments and sends an automatic response (twice if necessary) that says “lighten up Francis”?

Maybe more folks need meds. Maybe they can borrow some from Shra, where ever she is, or Billl, I think he’s a good source too.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Thanks for the idea, Dave, but I don’t much care for warnings. I’m working on technology now that would just Taser anybody attempting to make a serious comment to this blog.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Sorry, Bob for my tongue in cheek posting, but I just knew I could get the herd riled up. It has been fun to watch.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, HEY! Don’t tase me bro!

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

Haha, I love this article!

Posted by red1234 | Report as abusive

Galloping into a moments notice,
where hath all the the caring souls gone?
Upon noticing such music,
One can only notice the scarecrow
Watching over the garden,
hoping that their hath a righteous farmer
one to carry the vegetables home to a table
To share, to enjoy, to nourish the home

Posted by LooderHoof | Report as abusive

Do you WANNA be tasered? Is that it?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

ayyyyaaa!!!! I get up from my stupor of meds and booze to come back to this!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooo………
Now, final warning to all serious commenters.. I will GET you in your sleep…. do you HEAR me???
Need another shot now…

Robert, I think it’s high time you really got the taser thing going. It’s simply unbearable that people can’t recognise that every now and then it’s healthy to laugh at the things you feel passionate about, like LMR’s goat, tim’s George and Georgette, Shra’s meds… I mean, it’s all part of being healthy, right? RIGHT????? RIIIGHTTT?????

NURSE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

@T54 Oh please, call us a ‘herd’ again. It sure does make me like you more.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive