Putin on the Ritz?

January 5, 2010

Blog Guy, you know those dudes that run Russia? President Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin?

I’ve heard of them, yes.

putin car combo 490

Boy, I bet those are great jobs to have. They probably live the high life all the time and do whatever they want, eh, eh?

putin car crop 180Not really. Times are hard.  They carpool to work together in Medvedev’s Pobeda, and as you can see here, it’s not even light yet when they head to the office.

Gosh, I would have expected big limos or something. Well, what about when they have those huge snows? Do they still drive that car, or do they just get a snow day?

Snow day? Hah! When it snows, they go in together on a snowmobile. Have a look.

Wow, this is all pretty low rent, isn’t it? Still, probably lavish meals with the best food and drink?

Ya think? Here they are having the luncheon special at the Kremlin Coffee Shop.

Why are they wearing parkas and hats at lunch? Isn’t the heat turned up high enough?

Heat? You think there’s HEAT?

putin lunch snowmobile combo 490

Putin/Medvedev photo slideshow

It’s not as bad as you’ve heard. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: Russian President Dmitri Medvedev (R) and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in a Russian Pobeda (Victory) car during their meeting in Moscow December 31, 2009.  REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Mikhail Klimentyev

Bottom left: Medvedev (L) and Putin sit at a cafe at Russia’s ski resort Krasnaya Polyana near Sochi in southern Russia, January 3, 2010. REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Dmitry Astakhov

Bottom right: Putin (R) and Medvedev ride a snowmobile at Krasnaya Polyana near Sochi, January 3, 2010. Picture taken January 3, 2010. REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Dmitry Astakhov

Meanwhile, back in Honolulu President Obama has his ice in a cup, shaved, with red flavoring…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Thank you RB. I’m determined to be happy with my job this year and have a pool going as to how long it takes me to complain about it.

I shall tape your post to my monitor to remind me just how good I have it.

After all, my desk is next to the radiator :D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

That’s the right attitude, E.

You know, the best thing about MY job is, I don’t get in trouble for reading this blog at work….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

RB, you just had to rub in didn’t ya? *mutter mutter*

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

At least they still have vodka to keep them warm.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Awww – they make such a lovely couple don’t they?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo, did you ever read a book called Amen, Moses Gardenia?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I loveeeeeeeee vodka!!
People peer over my shoulder to see what I am reading.. ofcourse, the pics are the ones that get their curiousity and eyeballs on my screen….
Unfortunately, they do not share my sense of humour… so, cant get them in here…
Am gonna try drugging their coffee next… :P

I think that Mr. Putins and Mr. Medvedev’s public relation’s program is working very well. I am an American and very impressed. I think that Mr’ Medvedev’s Pobeda is particularly impressive. I like men with his stature that drive and own cars like that !

Posted by michaelmoore | Report as abusive

I appreciate the PageOp .. these guys are having fun in ways that, to most in your brood, may seem absurdly normal. Thery’re going by snomo because there’s not enough snow to ski to the bottom yet. The day before this pic was taken I was on my way home when I hear the whistles (traffic cops) blow, meaning all traffic stops. Knowing what was about to happen (the only american who’s been here for over 3 years) I got my place on the side of the road to see who was to go by. Medvedev behind the wheel of his Merc SUV with a couple of cop cars and the ‘special’ people. It’s usually him or Putin. No motorcade or silly facade of pompous uniformed faces.
Too bad I see blogits here that are mentally washed into tv tottering these men. On a personal level they’re actually decent people.

Posted by cruzneuro | Report as abusive

Tase him!!!!

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

It’s taken care of, Bill….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

If tasing doesn’t work, I’m sure Shra and I can spare some nice meddies to lighten up Mr. Serious.

Nevertheless, with the temperature in Moscow being what it is these days, probably the tasing would warm him up a bit!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Just when are people going to get the message that this is a HUMOUR blog!!!!!!
The author DOES NOT have a personal vendetta against anyone!! (Not tht I know of, that is)
How about coming here with a blank mind and enjoying what’s written as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooo not wasting my meds on Mr.Serious… get your own, mister!!!!

Thanks, Shra, that’s great advice. My demographic is readers with totally blank minds…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bob, we all come here with blank minds.. my mind is 98% times blank… the only time it gets active is when I see good looking guys and pretty shoes… oh, and the first 5 mins when I have had my meds…. thats when I get my work done…

Shra, do you mean there IS such a thing as times between those 5 to 10 minutes of consciousness between doses?

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

There is, 1M1, there is !! (floating way above the ground, cross-legged, with a lotus in her hand, smiling beningly)

Coz your dosage has slipped.. BIG TIME!!!
Tim, are you shipping out those boots yet? ;)

Tim, may I suggest one of CAM’s favourites, the chocolate covered with Xanax sprinkles? that is guaranteed to make you smile!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

I am missing LMR… WHERE ARE YOU, GIRL?
I really hope she hasnt gone to Mt.Isa… dont hear much good of that place anymore… esp the mayor…

Her protestations aside, I believe that it was she who jumped the Pope…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

You know Billl… I am inclined to agree with you…

I’m pretty sure you guys are right about LMR. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra, in fact I believe LMR has indeed gone to Mt. Isa and now is being chased around by hundreds of hopeful would-be-grooms. Thus her lack of communication with the outside world

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Hmmm…. maybe I should head to Mt.Isa too… if that is the case…

[...] Obama isn’t the only one driving. Look here, Russian President Dmitri Medvedev carpools to work with Prime Minister Vladimir [...]