The grossest picture of the year so far?

January 6, 2010

Blog Guy, I know you hate all those photos of people starved for attention, who take icy “polar bear” swims in the winter. But I heard that during one of those swims, in Canada…

toilethead 490

Let me stop you right there. It’s true, the fabled Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson made a surprise appearance, arriving at the beach by swimming up through a public toilet. A very dirty public toilet, it seems.

toilethead crop 220Yikes! You mean he just comes up out of the toilet bowl like some kind of urban legend?

Yes. I believe he uses an underwater navigation system set to a transmitter hidden behind a toilet paper dispenser in the facility. As you can see, his timing was unfortunate.

Blog Guy, this is just more of your made-up garbage because you’re too lazy to do any research. Is this really Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson?

I don’t really know who he is.

chocolate bar 220Well can you tell me one TRUE thing about this scene?

Yes. In addition to what you see here, this guy was carrying what appeared to be a log-shaped chocolate bar for an extra prop, if you catch my drift.

Blog Guy, are you making that up?

I wish I were. Ever since our photographer told me that, I get the heebie-jeebies when I pass a candy machine.

You can’t get your money back, it’s free! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A swimmer dressed as a toilet waits to enter the waters of English Bay during the 90th annual Polar Bear Swim in Vancouver, British Columbia, January 1, 2010. REUTERS/Andy Clark

I am sure Eugene Toilethead Johnson’s favourite food are bums… “Yummies the bummies”!!

Ick. Ick ick ick!!! (Not to be confused with Ni! Ni! Ni!)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Well, this is one case where I might consider sparing some of my meds. One has got to be positively looney, barking mad to go for a swim in Vancouver in early Jan. That alone could do it. But to go at it with this attire is just a bit too much for me. I say this guy belongs a bit further down the hall from my cell in the funny farm!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Hang on a sec BG, the caption says he is waiting to go for a swim. Maybe this guy’s regular job is diving for brown trout, and he just decided to take the day off. I think Eugene prefers warmer climates.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Check out the girl next to him…. Wats she wearing shades for????????????/

Another way to get a bit closer to hot girls, may be?

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Shades’ reaction is appropriate. And while I have had my share of cold water dips, I’ve not done it that far North. I do have to wonder if he met Mr. Hankey in his travels.

Posted by PetPunkRock | Report as abusive

No “that guy is a real sh*t head” remarks yet? Well then allow me to be the first.

That guy is a real sh*t head!

Moreso then the shades, I am curious where a big red umbrella fits into the who scheme.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ah… now it is the Red Umbrella Conspiracy, is it? IS IT???

Well, Shra, I think the White Hat one is just changing the recognisable feature, to try and go quiet again… shhh don’t say anything! Else they’ll know we’re in on their secret!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

okkkkk 1M1…. (quiet as a mouse… just had my even ing dose… )

Travelers Insurance has the worst annual get togethers ever.

The girl in the sun glasses just heard Eugene’Euge” Johnson tell the photographer his name.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Potty humor … what next, more jugs? And this used to be such a classy blog … tsk tsk.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I resent that, CAM. This was never a classy blog.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by rbasler: The grossest photo of the year so far… http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/01/06/the-grossest-picture-of-the-yea r-so-far/…

But I am a classy commenter…. I think we all are….

Oh absolutely, Shra. Extremely classy, all of you. The only thing that would show more class is if you like shared my posts with Digg and Fark and Mixx and the other networks, and with all your friends, and with massive e-mail groups of total strangers and stuff like that.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Maybe he’s a member of Surfers Against Sewage. Or their Canadian equivalent.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Whose this “tingtinglovea” promoting brandgoing.com??
I thought we were to promote Bob on other websites???

What the f*** is Mr. tingtinglovea doing around here? As much as we may be a classy group of readers and commenters, it’s class-less, rude, impolite to try and sell us stuff over this blog. Unless it is Robert’s delicious meddie-filled doughnuts!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Tase him!!!

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

He slipped through security behind that woman in the dress, 1M1 and Bill. He won’t be back.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thank goodness! We can’t be worried about commerce when there’s a man’s head stuck in a toilet..

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Hey, Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson doesn’t need your pity, Bill…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

How could he not, Basler? Just look at the guy… he is peeetyful!

He’s not peetyful. I believe the real Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson is in the Guinness book of records, and has just signed a book/movie deal, with Brad Pitt playing him…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Maybe it’s a life-saving device, and he’s coated in floaters??

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Just to make clear, this guy didn’t come in first or second in the Polar Bear swimmming race. I believe he came in, uh, turd….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Bob, you are a bad bad man. I really like that in a man … especially one with clean hair.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

u know Brad Pitt covered in chocolate is not a bad image…. ;)

RB, that’s disgraceful! Are you dissin’ the Irish? Well are ya?

Sure “turty tree and a turd”…it’s sooo old.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

The Irish? Heck no! That’s the way people from Brooklyn used to talk, before the place filled up with grad students.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra, I love the way your mind works. You can have Brad, I have someone else in mind ;)

RB, forget Brooklyn, you’d love Ireland :D

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

“I believe he uses an underwater navigation system”

Shat-Nav ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl…that cracked me up! :D

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Shra…Brad Pitt covered in chocolate…now you’re talkin’!!

Posted by monasmom | Report as abusive

Rob, I think E is hitting on ya… (wink wink)

Shra, I haven’t had *that* much to drink! :P You’re welcome to come to Ireland too!! :D

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Lovely, send me your address and I will drop in!!! :)

Girls, I am sorry to rain on your parade, but if Brad Pitt is to represent Mr. Toilethead, he shall need to put on quite a few pounds, shave off his full head of hair and wear goofy glasses. IF even then you can picture him covered in chocolate as a yummy treat, I believe you are all choco-holic, and not pitt-aholic!!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

See M, I am not much of both… but you know, some ideas can make friends! :P

For the role of a lifetime like that one, I’m sure Mr. Pitt would endure weight gain, hours of make-up, whatever it takes. The opportunity to play Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson doesn’t come along every day.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Still, if you have other suggestions for the part, please suggest them. He does kind of resemble the guy who played “Goldfinger,” but that was 45 years ago. He may have changed.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Given the choice between fine chocolate and Mr. Brad Pitt…I’d choose the chocolate. No offense to Brad intended :)

Not that there aren’t people who I would pick over chocolate! There’s at least one I can think of off-hand, but generally, chocolate wins every time. :D

Can’t think of anyone who could play Mr. Toilethead though. Maybe…Robert DeNiro?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

[...] most of all, readers came back over and over to read about the daring exploits of one Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson, the first true hero to show up in the blog this [...]

[...] was a runway model for designer Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson, and she “looked graceful in all kinds of plumbing supplies,” whatever that [...]

[...] Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson, whom I’ve already used four times even though it was shot a mere three months ago. I can [...]

[...] Of course. You’re talking about none other than Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson. [...]