Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The easy answer to airline security…

January 7, 2010

Blog Guy, I know you’ve done security consulting before. What’s the answer to this new air safety controversy over full body frisking, etc?

peoples choice vinyl crop 220Oh, please. The so-called “experts” are overlooking the perfect solution.

Really? And what’s that?

Everybody who wants to board a commercial aircraft should have to wear an outfit like the lady in this photo. There are no secrets there, and it doesn’t involve x-rays or anything like that.

TELEVISION-PEOPLESCHOICE/You think there’s ANY chance she’s got a bomb or a gun? Forget it.

The only danger she represents is maybe blinding a few guys who stare directly at her without special protection.

That’s interesting. I do take your point, but have you SEEN some of the people who fly? Do YOU want to see most of those folks wearing this outfit?

Oh. Right. Well, back to the drawing board.

Still, at least it should be easy for this particular chick to get on a plane. Or into a White House dinner, or a date with Tiger Woods, or…

Victoria Asher, also known to music fans as Vicky-T, the keytarist for Cobra Starship, poses in the photo room after performing at the 2010 People’s Choice Awards in Los Angeles January 6, 2010. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Comments

Gratuitous shoe shot! BG, I do believe you are pandering to Shra…

That said, I hope to see Ms. Vicky on a flight sometime soon.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Shra … check out the shoes! Happy now? (Nod to DND)

Keytarist? I can play the clarinet and flute, does that make me a clariflutist?

Chocolate covered w/Xanax sprinkles, please. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Awwwww!!! Geez… thanks Bob!! Lovely shoes…. though I have something to say about her waistline… I thought corsets were banned!!!!!!

That’s never a proper corset, it should finish about an inch and a half higher in a sort of shelf effect… I suspect moulding in the chest department, because otherwise there wouldn’t be those stretchy lines on the thighs. Fair play to the lass for having the nerve to wear this in public though.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

umm…. following CrowGirl’s description, I did check out the corset again.. and I noticed something else….

Well, CAM, when I am out of my fogs I can play drums and guitar, so that would probably make me a drumist… I think we could start a band, don’t you think?

Tim, I think the shape of Ms. Vicky’s hair explains the issue: she did have to go through high heat, but somehow only the dress and the hair suffered from it. Well… perhaps the shoes also did, since the boots shrank into those… those… whatever Shra calls them, really!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Alternatively this could be the uniform for TSA employees. It would make it easier to accept a pat down.

Plus she already works for a Starship.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

That made me go Ooh la la..

:D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

The shoes are fabulous! Do they come in black?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

1M1, those are called ankle boots and they are really quite nice… plus they come in my favourite colour, so, I am not complaining… at all!

1M1,

Brilliant idea! We can call ourselves The Baslers. That’s a classy name. But, YOU have to wear this dress if we go to any awards ceremonies :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Er, so far, awards ceremonies haven’t been much of a problem…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

CAM, I have no problem, bar two little things:

a, I very much doubt I can walk 1 meter in those shoes without falling flat on my face or my arse and make a fool of myself.

b. We’d need a lot of support and help in trying to get me to bulge the adequate parts of the dress while not bulging the other parts…

But, all in all, I can live with that.

The Baslers… classy name if there ever was one! Brilliant!

But Shra, I thought I wasn’t supposed to learn anything on this blog, and you go and do away with that in a second!!! Not fair!! Robert, can you please do something about it?

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Oooooooooooooops!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooooooooooops!!!!!!!!!!! My deepest apologies, fellow Basler… I was drifting from my path in life… I hereby swear to make you unlearn everything…. get ready!! I will ZAP you in your sleep!

People learn things on this blog?

Huh. Go figure.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

justCam: A Keytar is an actual instrument… she doesn’t play both. Google it.

Posted by laurenminor | Report as abusive

Laurenminor, please abide by the House Rules: POSITIVELY no learning on this blog! Otherwise, Robert will tase you, and Shra will zap you and…

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

Ouch.. Cam, you just got told…

Do you want me to zap her, Cam? Just say the word and it shall be done?

I’m sorry, 1M1. Thanks for making the rules clear, but you need to take a look at the item I just posted: What’s gone wrong with this blog?

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/01/11/whats-gone-wrong-with-this-blog  /

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Oh, and I should mention that I found it’s so much fun to tase people that I really don’t need to find a reason anymore.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Robert, is that why we are missing LMR lately?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@justM Apparently he kidnapped me and kept me unconscious for a week, only returning me today so that he could get me drunk on scotch and sushi at Shra’s birthday party.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

LMR, I am starting to think there is some strange fixation going on between the two of you. You know, all this talk about Mt. Isa, and then he kidnapping you and all these things. Are you sure you two guys are not in love?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Relax. LMR doesn’t even live in Mt. Isa. I’m sure of that because I know somebody who really IS from Mt. Isa, and she says there’s nobody named Random in town…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive