Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The core of a great news photo…

January 8, 2010

apple combo politician 490

Dammit Johnson, we’ll make a photojournalist out of you yet! You finally did something right!

I did, Boss?

apple others combo 260Sure. When I sent you out to shoot  the Business Secretary yesterday I didn’t dream you’d manage to get so many shots of him eating an apple.

Er, you liked that, did you Boss?

I LOVED it. You nailed him! Now, if he ever tries to deny being an apple-eater, we’ve got him dead to rights.

Plus, readers are crazy about shots of folks eating apples. Just look here. Actress Darryl Hannah, golfer Tiger Woods, astronaut Karen Nyberg, a fashion model….

BRITAIN/Whew, that’s a real relief, Boss! Because I wasn’t positive I made the right decision, shooting all those apple photos….

Really? What do you mean, Johnson?

Well, the guy wasn’t wearing any pants, he had on red stiletto heels, and he was dragging a freshly slaughtered goat. I’m glad to hear the apple shots were the right way to go.

Johnson! Come back here so I can stab you!

Above combo and lower left: Britain’s Business Secretary Peter Mandelson eats an apple as he arrives at the Department of Business Innovation and Skills in central London, January 7, 2010. REUTERS/Alastair Grant/Pool

Combo on right: Assorted REUTERS photos of apple-eaters.

Comments

Red stiletto heels, and not one picture? String him up!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

nom nom nom nom nom nom……

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

his nose is in the apple.. and he is eating it as if he was just out of hunger strike.. very passionate apple eater.. makes me want to eat too.

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

Shra, red stiletto shoes for you!!! And no pictures!!!! You can also go ahead and stab the photographer!

Am crossing my fingers for you for Monday!

Now, what I am interested in learning is how the bloody blazes the photographer managed to catch a model eating an apple. I mean, a FULL apple, not just the pits!!! I say this was a set up photo shoot!!

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive

I’m craving Bulmers now :D Well, it’s Friday night after all, a refreshing pint of Cider will see in the weekend nicely!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

hang the photographer I say!!!!! quarter him, and display him in the square!!!! Die, I say, die!!!!

Come on BG, at least post a pick of some stillettos for the ladies. But please for the love of Bob do NOT post a pick of the good Business Secretary wearing them! Perhaps Megan Fox? Then there will be something for te women AND the men! :o)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I’m impressed that Mandy can successfully look evil even when all he’s doing is eating an apple.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

It’s a biblical sort of thing….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Is that a Gala apple?

Posted by monasmom | Report as abusive

A regular fruit-fest. Wouldn’t you know it, not a pint of cider to be found anywhere around. Enjoy E!

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Sorry, Monasmom, Mr. Mandelson is not involved in anything loosely related to gala these days… cider and other alcoholic beverages, maybe… maybe

Posted by 1M1 | Report as abusive